Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one not multitabling?

[ QUOTE ]
I wish you'd re-consider your desertion from the Computer Technical Help page [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, nah, I were there just the time I was not playing poker. I had a long break. I just got fed up with hepling people who could not even say thanx or even if my help worked or not (much advice I gave I have not ever tested myself but knew it "should" work). Plus all the priv msg that people sent didn't help either. Unthankfulness (or whatever the word is) is one of the things I hate the most.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 PM

The hardest part of multi-tabling for me was dealing with tilt. Because when multitabling it's very easy to take 2 or more bad beats one after another and then it's off to the races.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hardest part of multi-tabling for me was dealing with tilt. Because when multitabling it's very easy to take 2 or more bad beats one after another and then it's off to the races.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very intresting since tilt is one of my worst enemies... Maybe I should single table till my tiltproblems are down to a minimum and then try two tables again.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very intresting since tilt is one of my worst enemies... Maybe I should single table till my tiltproblems are down to a minimum and then try two tables again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that I am more tilty with only one table. With multiple tables things are usually more balanced instead of all bad.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:27 PM

It's a matter of desire, not ability, for me. I generally play one table (6-max) for a few reasons.

1) I play better
2) I often watch TV out of the corner of my eye
3) I have wife/kids around that ask questions.

With 1 table I can handle distractions and still play well. If I'm playing 10-handed I'll usually play 2 tables though.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM

I currently multitable at a site which does not support PT (Bodog), and one on another site (4 total). Usually I play NL 50 or 100

I have no reads whatsoever without PT, but it still works very well. I play ultratight, only premiums and any pocket pair. My goal is to win big pots w my sets and high pocket pair that hold up and medium to small pots w/ my TPTK. I dont even mess around w/ any marginal hands or suited connectors.

Maybe the reason you can't multitable is because you are trying to "play" instead of just falling into a system. I think most people who multitable play much tighter than they would on one table, and for as retardedly tight as I play, no one ever seems to catch on.

Maybe this will help. Try to 2 table w/ a VP$IP of around 10-15%, get reeeaaally used to folding everything but pp and premiums, and play ABC poker, and I dont see why you shouldn't quickly get accustomed to it.

Hope this helps
Old 12-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Thanx everyone for the advice. I guess I have to lose a little more money while practising. I know that once I get the skill that money will come back fast.

Btw, I did play alot of play money multitable to practice. I can quad table there and still win since the games are so easy, but even when dual tabling real money I just seem to be able to make it.

I must be jinxed.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM

Try playing short-handed (4-handed, 3-handed and HU mostly) intensely for a few weeks. Full ring games will seem in slo-mo after that.