Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: What the hell is wrong with women???

You MUST be English.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 PM

Tell her I like to drink and go to concerts. Went to Def Leppard / Cheap Trick a couple weeks ago.

See, no great mystery [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ScottieK
Old 11-14-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I think we're just quibbleing about numbers. I'd say the majority of women do not find macho asholishness or straight-out rudeness attractive. I think this because when I look around at the women I know at work and in my personal life, they may be with schlubby-losers, but not with jerks. I remember being a bitter college kid and snarking about the same thing, (Girls are stupid, they love guys who are mean wah wah) but my real problem was that I was too much of a wuss to talk to very hot chicks and resented the idiots who were confident enough to make it happen. Every girl does date at least one utter jerk, but the only ones who stay have serious psychological problems.

As a side note, check out "Shopgirl" if you want to learn how to pick up women. Not the world's best movie, but Steve Martin's moves would make him the OOT's all-time leading scorer.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a chicken and egg problem too.

Girls still developing their sexuality, self-conception, and romantic and sexual preferences hooking up with jerks will have their minds developed accordingly about what relationships are tolerable and desirable to them, and what types of guys are sexy and aren't. Just like the girl with an abusive dad sees abusive guys as less abnormal and undesirable, girls who later come into their dating and banging years will have their sexuality and preferences strongly influenced by the type of guys they are with.

For the really young ones, who are all about looks and who's the coolest and how you can and MUST look cooler by being with them, jerks are way at the top of the sexual food chain.

That's one reason I always say I like women, but girls are a pain. Women who have been through the wringer a few times, and put themselves through it and know it, sometimes grow up and become completely different persons, stop talking about make-up so much or thinking that what pants you or they wear is a critical life issue, and become much less screwed up and more real.

But first they have to get out of that cycle that so many put themselves in when young, of going from one jerk to another, trying to solve the problem of how to be happy with jerks. Eventually only a portion of them decide that jerks are cool anymore, with the rest splitting off into either bitter man-haters or mature women who get tired of the whole business of both being and dating jerks entirely.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:05 PM

I'm not going to argue with any of this. I just want to make it clear that I'm speaking in terms of tendency, rather than some absolute wired destiny, and (maybe more importantly) in terms of what is BEST, rather than what is always going to happen.

And yes, I am alternately amazed and horrifed at the power of relentless, unselfconscious audacity.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:06 PM

Default More haiku

Hey girl, do you want
Respect, love, and all that s#$t?
No? Then start sucking.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: More haiku

Ah, [censored]. I've started another haiku thread. by hijack this time. Everyone's gonna get pissed off again, aren't they. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 06:19 PM

Don't be an AFC
Old 11-14-2005, 06:26 PM

I find the best method is to tell women there is a cop on the phone with you and that you are being forced to subject them to strip searches and sodomy.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Paging Dr. Dom...

Man...we need a button for this, with as many threads there are about this:

Dr. Dom, please report to this thread.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:51 PM

college_kid,
women like to test you to see how much they can get away with it. Do you see why your game is so successful now?

They are aware of how ridiculous their behavior is, I wouldn't be surprised if they felt that they "deserved" your rude treatment.