Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Pharoah\'s club needs focus: to ten and others

you know, from that illicit preview i got yesterday, i thought the background of the $5 was great. i agree that it was weird that the others didn't have it though.

that's too bad that it didn't work out with the others. the pryamid $5 is pretty sweet. when do we anticipate that the new mold will be available to see? not until they arrive in april?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:43 PM

This looks awsome so far. I know it is just a early mock up.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:21 PM

I think I like the backgrounds also. It might look good to have backgrounds on all the chips that match the color of the chip (red background on red chip, green background on green, etc). You could have a beige background on the white chip and grey or orange or light blue background on the black chip. Or, maybe you could match the background to the edge spots in all the chips. The reason I like the background on your blue chip so much is that it matches the chip. It *might* look even better if the background is a gradient of the chip color and the edge spots (like the blue is - blue to light blue). The shade of the backgrounds would have to be chosen carefully so that it doesn't dominate the chip, but the backgrounds look good IMO.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I like the backgrounds also. It might look good to have backgrounds on all the chips that match the color of the chip (red background on red chip, green background on green, etc). You could have a beige background on the white chip and grey or orange or light blue background on the black chip. Or, maybe you could match the background to the edge spots in all the chips. The reason I like the background on your blue chip so much is that it matches the chip. It *might* look even better if the background is a gradient of the chip color and the edge spots (like the blue is - blue to light blue). The shade of the backgrounds would have to be chosen carefully so that it doesn't dominate the chip, but the backgrounds look good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did this on many different designs, and yes, it DID look good. For a few different reasons, I've decided against it.

1. Cohesion: If we cant have it all the images, then none is better. The theme rules.
2. Future color changes: What if Paulson decided to use a different shade of clay later? The gradient no longer matches.
3. Classic look: The fancier we get, the less these are a "classic" design. One simple image per chip is as far as I think I should go.

Those are the three that come to mind. Plus, I think it'll just look a bit better without the background "blob's as I call them. Icon-on-white looks classy to me.

Ten
Old 03-10-2005, 05:59 PM

wow the circles on that mock-up look amazing. i really hope they are moving in that direction (paulson that is)
Old 03-10-2005, 06:17 PM

NIX THE MOLD CHANGE.

I confirmed with Trademark that they are keeping the SAME mold, but allowing the Grand inlay now, to fill the whole flat area.... (EVEN BETTER!)

Now we can really push for inlay shapes!

Ten
Old 03-10-2005, 06:22 PM

<powers>
Yeah baby, YEAH!
I know how you like it baby! You like it GRAND and SHAPED!
YEAH!
</powers>
Old 03-10-2005, 06:29 PM

stoked.

That's all, just:

stoked.

(Actually, I prefer the standard inlays with a reasonable mold, but if the grand inlay allows different inlay shapes, I'm all for it. And, I'm enough of a Paulson sycophant that I'll buy 'em however they come.)
Old 03-10-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Cohesion: If we cant have it all the images, then none is better. The theme rules.
2. Future color changes: What if Paulson decided to use a different shade of clay later? The gradient no longer matches.
3. Classic look: The fancier we get, the less these are a "classic" design. One simple image per chip is as far as I think I should go.

Those are the three that come to mind. Plus, I think it'll just look a bit better without the background "blob's as I call them. Icon-on-white looks classy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Why couldn't they put backgrounds on all the images? I'm no graphics designer, but it seems like it shouldn't be that difficult.

2. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this point, but as long as the backgrounds match OUR chips, in my mind it doesn't matter what future colors they might choose. If future chips are different I probably wouldn't mix them with the Pharaoh's Club set anyway.

3. Agree. (but backgrounds are still better [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) Your blue chip is so gosh darn pretty with the background, it's like the perfect chip. And the background is so unique. I guess the "classic" look to me isn't as important as having the best looking chip possible, and IMO the background doesn't make it "unclassic" (is that a word??).

Anyway, you da boss, no biggie to me. I like the chips both ways, but if we go without background, I'll always have fond memories of the blue chip with sphinx and blue background ::sigh::. Maybe I can buy a 64 pack of Crayolas and color in the backgrounds, think that'll work?

[ QUOTE ]
I confirmed with Trademark that they are keeping the SAME mold, but allowing the Grand inlay now, to fill the whole flat area.... (EVEN BETTER!)

Now we can really push for inlay shapes!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is really cool, I much prefer Grand inlay over the small inlay. And I really, really, really prefer inlay shapes over round. Crossing my fingers...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:51 PM

Wow, these are looking great, although I didn't get the full preview like the others did. nuts.

Anyway, I prefer the background on the image as well, but I haven't seen how they look on the rest. Just liked the sky background on the pyramids.