Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Adam Morrison

[ QUOTE ]

Who is the last white player from Duke to amount to anything in the NBA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say averaging 12.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 2.6 APG with 1 all star game appearance and an olympic gold medal (yes i realize it has nothing to do with the nba) over a 13 year NBA career qualifies as "amounting to anything"
Old 12-10-2005, 10:07 PM

the dicksucking from the announcers was the most idiotic thing ive heard in awhile.

dude threw up a prayer and got lucky. cmon.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the dicksucking from the announcers was the most idiotic thing ive heard in awhile.

dude threw up a prayer and got lucky. cmon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the announcers all say he's the best player in the nation because he hit a hail mary. It has to be that because it certainly couldn't have anything to do with him leading the nation averaging 29 ppg against one of the toughest schedules in the nation. It couldn't possibly be that, now could it?
Old 12-10-2005, 11:39 PM

I was at the game today. While Morrison didn't have his best night, (props to OSU for making things difficult on him), he did what he had to do, especially in the second half, to either get his shots or, perhaps more importantly, do whatever he could to get fouled and get to the line, which he did. It's clear he thrives on pressure situations, and wants the ball down the stretch (which tonite was basically every possession in the second half). Is he the best in the country? Who knows, it's probably too early to tell. However, at 6-8 or so, he can get his shot off at will (either in rythym or by creating off the dribble), he moves well without the ball, he can rebound and pass well and is generally fundamentally sound. He understands the game, he's good a teammate, and I find him very enjoyable to watch. His pro prospects are very bright. As for the game itself, Gonzaga was flat and sloppy, and missing their starting backcourt didn't help. Batista bailed them out on many occasions. However, it was OSU's inability to attack the Gonzaga zone in the second half which killed them. They could have run away and hid, but couldn't because of their poor zone offense execution. (By my count, after Gonzaga switched to zone, OSU managed only six points in approx 8 minutes.) Look for OSU to see more zones after today's performance. If I had to choose between, say, Redick or Morrison, there's no question - Morrison is way the superior player. Sure, Redick can light it up from the outside, but Morrison can too, plus he can beat you other ways, it's really no contest.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, Redick can light it up from the outside, but Morrison can too, plus he can beat you other ways, it's really no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop perpetuating the myth that Redick can't beat you other ways besides "lighting it up from the outside". Watch a few Duke games and you'll see how wrong that idea is.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:55 PM

I'm a myth perpetuator I guess. Who is a better rebounder? Passer? Defender? Who is more versatile? Morrison can guard 2 guards and power forwards. Can Redick? Who will get drafted higher? I'm not saying Redick is a bad player, I like his game. I'm just saying that Morrison brings more to the table at this moment. I'm not saying Morrison is the best player in college basketball, either.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:37 AM

Adam Morrison is the best player in college right now. Morrison has scored 43 points twice this season vs. Michigan State & at Washington, both of these teams have legitimate shots to make the final 4.

At Washington, Morrison carried his team on his back the second half to come back from a 10 point half-time deficit. Morrison was a less second shot away from snapping the nation's longest home winning streak. He did all this playing most of the second half with reserves as Earl Knight DNP, Ravio was injured early and did not return. The 3 other starters, Batista, Mallon & Altidor-Cespedos all played limited minutes in the second half due to foul trouble.

Most early NBA draft projections I've seen have Morrison going #2 after Rudy Gay from Connecticut. He would've been a lottery pick in last year's draft.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Michigan State & at Washington, both of these teams have legitimate shots to make the final 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i stopped reading at this point.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:03 AM

to all the ppl saying that morrisson is the best player you are incredibly wrong.

perhaps you may not have noticed he is white.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:54 AM

What are you trying to say?