Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Turn
Check 10 45.45%
Bet $2-18 1 4.55%
Bet $18-40 4 18.18%
Move In 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Poll: IQ

If A is 13, and B is 24, what is C? Can anybody explain this? I have no clue what the hell it means. #23 took me a long time, but I think I got it. I'm alright at spotting patterns, but Math is my worst subject. I have the math education of about 6th grade. If that.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:43 PM

Well I just took the long test on Richie's link and came out with 136, which mildly disappointed me. When I was tested in grade school I was at 138.

I think IQ has a lot to do with success at poker.

I was very confused by the folded paper-like questions - I can't think like that - and I think they hurt my score a lot :/

Ryan
Old 04-30-2005, 01:59 PM

looks to me like the big spheres are worth 7 each, the small ones 2 each, add them up
Old 04-30-2005, 02:45 PM

I don't think they want you to discuss the questions publically because it will ruin the validity of the test.

...Given that, the problem is basically simple algebra.

A- 1 large spehere and 3 small: X + 3Y = 13
B- 2 large and 5 small: 2X +5Y = 24

solve for X and Y

Y = 2
X = 7

therefore:

c- X + 2Y = 11
Old 04-30-2005, 03:06 PM

Or you could note that the middle figure is the left and right figures combined. 24-13=11.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:17 PM

Default A serious test

I don't know how so many people here know their IQ. If it is thru all the different IQ tests on the Internet, it's not worth anything.

An other problem is that a number on 140 says nothing at all, because the scale vary. Mensa have used 24 as base earlyer, but now use 15. That means that an IQ on 156 with 24 as base, is exactly the same an 131 with 15 as base.

It's true that mensa require above 130 which corresponds to top 2%.

The most serious test I know of, which is free, is this: http://mensa.dk/testiq.html. Forget the introduction text, it's in danish. The test is language and culture neutral. You have 40 minutes for 39 questions.

This test correlates very closely to Ravens II, which means it is very accurate on scores up to the best 1 percentile. Above that, you need an other test. And just forget to find it on the net. It really needs expertice to messure that.

For all you with 150-170 - try the "MEGA test" (use google - it's somewhere out there). It don't count anymore because it's well known, but it's a nice challange.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:23 PM

The one thing that confused me about the question was whether the balloons took up less space when touching each other. In the last picture the small ball is floating by itself. I think I looked too deeply into it but then figured it out.

By the way, your score on many IQ tests will go up(up to a certain score), the more you take them. Just like you can get better and better on the SAT the more you practice. Learning some simple tricks and reviewing old tests could be very helpful.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks to me like the big spheres are worth 7 each, the small ones 2 each, add them up

[/ QUOTE ]

You magnificent bastard. nh. My math is so horrible.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Poll: IQ (SPOILER ON CULTURE FAIR TEST)

Sup Fiji,
#13: The pattern is as follows. There are six Triangles, each one divided into triants (if that's a word). The first figure has a shaded triant in the reference triangle. The second is in the one right after it. The third is in the one two triangles after that one. The fourth is in the triangle three triangles after the previous one, and so on. The triant it is in is simply rotational; it rotates from the one closest to the right neighboring triangle, to the outermost (with relation to the figure's center) triant, and finally to the one next to the left neighboring triangle.

The answer is d), I believe.

Have no idea about 14.

BTW, how are things up on East Hill? Is Fiji still the hardest partying frat on campus? And when is slope day this year? Can't be far, I'd imagine...
Old 04-30-2005, 08:26 PM

add up the number of lines going out of each node. A has 3. I has 4 (2 singles and 1 double), and so on increasing by 1 each time; the answer is F.