Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Dutch Boyd wants You!...

Sure, go to www.dutchboyd.com, or read the text below:

Public Letter to Neal Ross
Saw a pretty lousy post on rec.gambling.poker from an old disgruntled pokerspot player. There are a lot of them out there, but this one gets under my skin.

I don't take his threats seriously. What really bothers me, though, is that [censored] escalates... especially when you get a mob of hungry flamers that is RGP. Neal Ross probably more than anyone has always been very public with our talks in what I assume is an effort to light a fire under my ass. I'm sometimes flaky and oftentimes slow... personal flaws that I will readily admit and am constantly working on, with the help of my cool-as-all-hell girlfriend. She didn't do anything to him... has absolutely NOTHING to do with my history with neal. Yet somehow she ends up in the post. I don't like that [censored].

So here's the email I sent to Mr. Ross, which I too will make public :

=====

Neal,

Saw the post on RGP. You're right that I've been slow in following up on this, and I'm sorry about that. But come on, man... it's been four years. This [censored] is coming out of my bankroll, which is pretty low anyway... not to mention the fact that I'm trying to juggle (1) getting a new company off the ground and not screwing it up like I did the first one, and (2) trying to keep myself afloat by playing poker in my spare time. Throw in way too much travelling and you got the reason it's taken me a little longer than I thought to get this [censored] in order.

About the post on RGP... say all you want about me. The next time you threaten physical harm onmy girlfriend, family, or friends then you're going on my block list (and right at the bottom of my priority list). And also you'd probably do good to remember that if something ever DID happen to me, well you've made it pretty public that you've taken steps to make it happen.

From my records you had $2173 in your pokerspot account when the site closed. That took me awhile to figure out. It's going to take me even longer to go through the old checks and credit card records to see how much of the $4284 that you cashed out in your pokerspot history actually made it into your hands, which if any were bounced, and what if anything was charged back to your credit cards. Then finally I have to figure out how much of my bankroll I can afford to give you without risking going broke and having to play my way back at the .50/1 tables. This isn't exactly a simple process. It's not exactly like pokerspot was a good model for organization.

For your information I HAVE paid players back. And I've also started paying at least a little bit to players that are owed more than I can afford to settle up... the reason you haven't heard about it is because I haven't required them to do anything except take the money. If you think it's a lie, go ask MS Sunshine if she's gotten anything out of me. And MS didn't even have to physically threaten me to get it.

The post was uncalled for. I'd never ask you to take anything back... but at least take a chill pill. Life's too short to fill it with negativity.

Happy New Year,
Dutch
Old 01-10-2005, 05:16 PM

So to recap, Boyd will only pay back these guys when his bankroll is big enough to support it. It makes sense, since according to Boyd himself:

"I'm sometimes flaky and oftentimes slow... personal flaws that I will readily admit and am constantly working on, with the help of my cool-as-all-hell girlfriend"

Oh, well if you and your girlfriend are working on it, it must be OK then!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:28 PM

Why did pokerstars ban him?

Brad
Old 01-10-2005, 10:30 PM

I think they banned him because he wasconstantly touting his website in the chat window. The e-mail from Lee Jones responding to Boyd's request to get back on is great. I think Boyd has it on his website.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:41 PM

I finally found it on the website and it is so funny how he sucks up HARDCORE to pokerstars, calling them the best site (which it is IMO for tourneys) and then Lee Jones still turns him away.

Then he says Pokerstars sucks. And later he says he's banned them and they later pay his girlfriend's way to Europe. But he's banned them. Ya right.

I don't have tons of respect for Boyd after all of this. Seems very into himself, unlike, say, Gavin Griffin who has been nothing but humble about his stardom from what I can tell.

And bragging about second in a Razz tourney isn't something to be all that proud of IMO.

I don't really know Boyd at all personally, but I'm not too impressed from what I've seen.

Brad
Old 01-10-2005, 10:50 PM

Boyd notes on his blog that Paul Phillips isn't too fond of him.

Anybody know why?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody know why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard PP made a pass at him American Beauty style and was shot down
Old 01-11-2005, 12:46 AM

That was pretty funny and sad at the same time. I'm wondering if he paid MS Sunshine back in full. It seems like he owed her quite a bit of dough. Of course, it's really not my business.
From what i gathered from watching the razz tournament, me thinks dutch has a tendency to go on tilt.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Pokerstars stuck in their ways, just ask Paul Phillips

I don't know if they ever compensated the players, but this old Paul Phillips blog of pokerstars shows they do not have much flexibilty in their own thinking or actions.
BLOG
Old 01-11-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Paul has friends that Dutch ripped off? Or maybe because he writes stupid stuff about Paul like ...

[ QUOTE ]

Here are ten things that Paul Phillips and I have in common :

(1) We both play a lot of poker;
(2) We both think we're funnier and better looking than we actually are;
(3) We both like scrabble;
(4) We both share some of the same favorite books, like Godel Escher Bach, The Stand, and Watership Down;
(5) We both dabbled in a dot-com startup;
(6) We both read RGP to see what new [censored] they're posting about us;
(7) We both like Sublime;
(8) We both get a little teary at the end of "A Leagure of Their Own";
(9) We both dislike Rick DaVoice; and finally
(10) We both like to blog!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Telling a guy who worked hard to become a world class scrabble player that you are just like him because you play it at parties? Saying Paul "dabbled" at his startup? Comparing your (allegedly) fraudulent enterprise to Paul's company, as if they did the same thing? Is that a compliment?

I don't know Paul at all , but I'd bet he wouldn't like to be publicly associated with Dutch (who would?). It seems like a creepy way of trying to cover up the smell on Dutch's own reputation by associating himself with people who are more successful and respected (see, I'm not so bad, I'm just like Paul Phillips!).

Moneymaker should ask Dutch to remove his picture from this site before the stench starts sticking to him, too...