Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Vegas buffets

I don't think we've discussed this around here in quite a while. I am heading for Vegas on Saturday morning (5th trip). I have been to the Luxor buffet (decent, but not too big) and the Imperial Palace buffet (big mistake, but I knew that going in), as well as the fabulous Aladdin buffet (fantastic).

Just wondering how people feel about the various buffets on the strip (not interested in downtown). It seems to me that Bellagio is not worth the extra cost over the Aladdin, and that Paris, while very good, has a somewhat limited cuisine selection.

Also, I am curious about the differences between lunch and dinner. Do most buffets have the same thing for both meals, save one or two entree dishes?

Finally, I read Photoc's review (unsurprisingly positive =) of the Aladdin poker room somewhere (allvegaspoker?), and he mentioned that you can get a buffet comp after 4-6 hours of play. Does anyone (Photoc obviously included) know what the success rate of getting this is, whether you need to have a comp card, if tournament play is included in this time, and whether you can get a comp for dinner as well as lunch?

Thanks in advance.