Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: spirit rock hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
P. would not normally consider a hand that could beat AQ HU on river a "bluffing hand", so this is either a value bet or a hand worse than AQ -- no in between here.

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong. he is much better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. The poster was saying that SR would (correctly) consider any hand that would beat a busted Ace-Paint to not be a bluffing hand, so he wouldn't be bluffing with a hand that turned out to be good. It seems like the poster was giving SR all the possible credit. What do you mean "he's better than that."
Old 02-11-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
P. would not normally consider a hand that could beat AQ HU on river a "bluffing hand", so this is either a value bet or a hand worse than AQ -- no in between here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:02 PM

how does pf know that bruiser has ace high? he can't have a ten he hit on the turn? a slowplayed set or overpair? something like a2? a flush draw? (i can't tell if the board was rainbow on the turn.)

my point was that pf is capable of bluffing like this with many hands that beat what we know bruiser has, but may not beat many of the hands pf thinks bruiser would call with on the turn.

there are few things sicker than correctly picking off a bluff and losing anyway.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. What anyone who does not see this is assuming is that a value bet would be made with a BIG hand only, and that SR would check down a lesser made hand in the hope it was good. As I said in my earlier post though, he could just as easily have bottom pair on the board, or for that matter, a medium pocket pair that did not hit a set. For that matter since it's SR, he could also have AK seeking to bet another AK off a split. Headsup any pair is often a monster, and betting even as 'little' as bottom pair is indeed often a value bet. Again because of the way SR plays, he might in fact make such an overbet trying to elicit a doubting call from A high. He is that good, and even if you have seen him at times not playing his best, HE IS STILL THAT GOOD.