Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: ~~~~Good Luck Greg Thread~~~~

Best of Luck Greg.

We know you're good but being lucky as well certainly won't hurt. Keep on keeping on and bring home the victory. We're all pulling for you.

-bugs
Old 05-28-2004, 11:18 AM

I am sure Greg will try to scan/read many of the posts. It has been unbelivable all the support he has received here. Maybe not surprising since he has always been around on the tourney forum to help all of us out.

I am just hoping that my claim to fame after today is that I can tell people that my 1st tourney win was splitting it with a future WSOP 10k event winner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And yeah I did a have a few more chips than Greg!

Go Greg,
Ken Poklitar
Old 05-28-2004, 11:25 AM

Good luck Greg. We'll be all watching on PokerStars to see you bring home the bacon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2004, 11:29 AM

Definitely,

All the best in the world Greg!!!

And dont forget to keep posting your advice!!

Jon
Old 05-28-2004, 11:35 AM

As many others, I don't know Greg and for that matter haven't been the recipient of any advice (I don't think he trolls in the Micro forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but it is amazing how having a rooting interest makes even the most fringe of a community feel a sense of pride.

Good cards and good luck man!

Mike
Old 05-28-2004, 11:50 AM

Go Greg! I'd come and watch, but the last time I sweated you in the WSOP was two years ago and some dude went runner runner busting you out right before the money. I don't want to jinx you this time, so I'll root for you from afar! Keep kicking ass and play for first place.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:52 AM

Good luck man, I'm really excited for ya.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:02 PM

Greg - Although I don't think we've ever chatted, or that you've ever been around to offer insight into one of many (maybe TOO many) questions I ramble on about at the boards, I find it quite amazing, exciting, yet very inspiring that a 2+2er has made the final table of the WSOP.

I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that a lot of us that belong to this forum wish we could be there to cheer you on(Now, THAT would be a sight!), but since most can't, I'd just like you to know that we're thinking of you, rooting for you, and praying(most of all) that you don't let the whole poker-playing world know about the 2+2 forums!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, good luck... play well... and bring it back for all of us little guys back here at 2+2!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:07 PM

To all the nay sayers who have said this WSOP has been a let down or that it's just a lucky crapshoot, I think that's BS. It sounds like it has been very exciting and I am looking forward to the TV coverage. I am wishing Fossilman Greg the very best of cards and saying thanks for all the insights you have given on here for so long. Stay sharp, buddy!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:09 PM

Greg, I have been 'watching' your play for most of the week on various sites and have been incredibly impressed with your play. Me, and most of the people who you have touched, educated and influenced with your superior knowledge of poker, patience and time on these boards, have become huge fans and I'm holding my breath between every post on the net to see your progress. Win or lose today you are coming close to replacing Tiger Woods, the NY Yankees and LA Lakers in my eyes! Keep up the strong play and professionalism today. We're all behind you!!!!!