Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller \"Going Pro\" article

Oh, and if any more of you guys are interested in becoming props, send me a pm, and I'll send your details to my prop boss who can set you up with a job.

Oh, and about what Ed is saying about online being more profitable.. LISTEN UP! hehehhe

Oh, and Ed - don't tell em all the secrets. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (just kidding)

:P
Old 06-23-2005, 08:01 AM

Oldtex, Poker tracker forum explains it fairly clearly, so I will be brief.

You do it by Opening up 4 party poker or whatever tables, and go have a coffe, watch buffy, or play a sng for a half hour.

Come back and its recorded all the stats for all the players.

Its dead easy.

Thats the PT system... (i'll share mine).

I log on to Party, Open 4 tables, and go to bed.

This is EVERY NIGHT. hehehehehheh...

I probably have you on my database.. R U SCARED? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 04:19 PM

I even feel a little guilty when I play live because I'm "wasting valuable poker-time" for the most part.

I play 10/20 live now but it just isn't going to be as profitable as 4 tables of 5/10....or even just a couple tourneys from home, etc.

I only play live once a month or so and don't really consider that to be real 'work'.

My live play has increased a bit the past couple weeks because I qualified for the WSOP. So I wanted to play a couple of area live tourneys to get more comfortable doing that.
Otherwise, my live play just isn't nearly profitable enough to compare with online multi-tabling.

Also - wanted to add that many of the peripheral questions that have been asked in this thread would be better in some other forum because they didn't have much to do with this article for the most part.
Stuff like, "Which is better...Hold-em or Stud?" and "How do I use PT to find the best tables".

Maybe I'm being a nit about this....especially since I'm the king of thread-tangents so much of the time.

Anyway - nice article Ed and looking forward to part-2.
Even when Ed is writing about stuff that I mostly already know about (such as most of GSIH or this article) I still find it to be a very interesting read.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:31 AM

do you have a link to that section of pokertracker forum?