Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Negraneau\'s hand gestures

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
other random thoughts on him:

--that asian broad he's paying to be his girlfriend is smoking hot

--he's clearly as gay as sunday

[/ QUOTE ]
Other than a seeming predilection for Asians,( He dated Evelyn Ng too..), DN is nowhere NEAR gay. This is the standard "He frosts his hair, is small, and isn't super-masculine, therefore he is gay" small-minded stupidity. GUARANTEE you that he's had more women than 99% of the posters on here. Also, he's into 2 of the main guy activities; hockey and poker. But that's ok, keep thinking what you like, I'm sure he doesn't care. I get the same thing myself sometimes, then my 5'9" beautiful 132 lb wife with 34C's comes in, and the guys saying that turn around to the bar, order another beer, say I must have money to get a girl like that and it's a cover, and wish they had her, or had even EVER had a girl like her. My son, immaculate conception, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to break it to ya, but I can GUARANTEE he is gay.

Whats wrong with Mike Matusow.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:01 PM

You guys wanna find a middle ground and accuse him of being bi-?

Seems like it'd cover all arguments.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:05 PM

how jumpthru, you been with him?
Old 06-21-2004, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to break it to ya, but I can GUARANTEE he is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had sex with him?

eastbay
Old 06-21-2004, 08:08 PM

Where is the proof, is it on a dress or something
Old 06-21-2004, 08:13 PM

Default dewey

Actually if I was forced to name a "favorite" tournament player I would probably pick Dewey Tomko. Just the way he holds himself is awesome. Hard to explain. Anyone else grok?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:17 PM

To be honest, I was never threatened by Evan. In fact, watching him improve as a player didn’t upset me at all. I was happy to see him “figure it out.” Watching his improvement as a player made me realize one important thing about poker — one thing of which I had to be aware if I was ever going to be truly successful: Never let your ego interfere with the improvement of your game. Accept the fact that you have much to learn about poker, and that you’ll never truly master the game. At every stage of your poker career, you will continuously be learning. Those who stop learning are left behind.

The words of an arrogant man? I think not...

Negraneau, regardless of sexual preference - or any other "outside influence" - is an excellent poker player. His many posts are incredibly informative, and interesting to read... in fact, I find myself reading through his page more than most other pros.

Why?

Because he offers me the most. His article on tells was a great article, as were the one quoted above ("Old man with an Earring"), along with many others.

It's irrational to bring his arrogance into play, as we all know that poker is a macho game -- which can send us skyrocketing into the stratosphere of chip-laden bliss, or down to the sordid pits of an empty bankroll. For someone's ego to not be involved, is an incredible feat.

If a single instance were to be mentioned (as it was, above) -- the easiest argument would be over his "Not enough to buy a car" comment. What few fail to mention, is that he quickly explained his comments... and they were rational.

In a big tournament, nobody plays to take third, fourth, or worse. Everyone wants to win. With a million dollars at stake, that makes such a victory even more enticing... and being swept up in such a moment (especially after an untold amount of excrutiating poker with the best in the world), can lead a man to improperly speak his words.

What he meant to say, is merely this: "I'm happy to take home sixty-some-odd thousand, but I would much rather have the million."

Wouldn't you?

Give him a chance, you might learn a thing or two.

After all, you're not in his position -- are you?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:32 PM

Default \"in position\"

[ QUOTE ]
After all, you're not in his position -- are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way jumpthru is talking, it sounds like he had Danny "in position". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2004, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that asian broad he's paying to be his girlfriend is smoking hot

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta disagree with you here. Evelyn Ng is hot. This other girl is definitely not - her face is nothing special and she appears a bit on the heavy side.

[ QUOTE ]
the facial ticks need some medicating attention

[/ QUOTE ]
When I first brought this up, I really was trying to call attention to his hand movements, as if he was trying to add things up, doing the whole "carry the one" kind of thing that a kid would do in doing simple math. In my mind, tics are involuntary uncontrollable movements - kind of like that annoying thing Patrick Roy (for any hockey fans) always did with his head (I always called it a turkey gobble).
Old 06-22-2004, 03:56 AM

"Oh jeese, another person thats living his life through a famous person...why dont you just go kiss his feet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"

Oh shut up, that's just a stupid thing to say. I think Negreanu is annoying from what I've seen on TV but not as bad as some of the other people.