Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Monday opening bid for PRTY.L : 40?.

Okay, how about this:
1. Party Poker customer service sucks, and has shown a poor ability to retain its subscribers long term.
2. Poker Room stocks fundamentals are usually derived from $x per subscriber.
3. Party just got rid of 10% of it's reportable subscribers.
4. Not only did they reduce subscribers, but they did it by shutting down the site during a peak weekend prime time. Revenue takes yet another hit because of the site being down.
5. Party will get hit with lawsuits and valid or invalid, lawsuits create uncertainity.
6. Party has a track record of not being able to put a very good PR spin on things.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:20 PM

Now that is an EXCELLENT REASON to short a stock.

Shorting a stock cause you read it on an internet forum BAD IDEA.

Shorting a stock because you have a good reason and solid background on the "mechanics" EXCELLENT IDEA.

I just didn't want everyone running out tomorrow and shorting the stock ONLY because they read it on here.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, how about this:
1. Party Poker customer service sucks, and has shown a poor ability to retain its subscribers long term.
2. Poker Room stocks fundamentals are usually derived from $x per subscriber.
4. Not only did they reduce subscribers, but they did it by shutting down the site during a peak weekend prime time. Revenue takes yet another hit because of the site being down.
5. Party will get hit with lawsuits and valid or invalid, lawsuits create uncertainity.
6. Party has a track record of not being able to put a very good PR spin on things.

[/ QUOTE ]

7. Party stock takes a dive after management reduces guidance becuase of the "lost" players

8. Management buys back a significant portion of the publicly traded shares at a discount

9. Plan works as intended, revenue 1 year from now is significantly higher than 2005 comparables

10. Stock is worth a boatload more than it was when management instituted buy back.

11. Party Poker makes one million gagillion fazhillion dollars more in the stock market than they already have.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a part of their corporate strategy, and I have to say its brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think at best you can say it's winning the battle and losing the war.

They're cannabilizing some smaller sites, not showing that they can go out and deliver the amazing growth in the poker universe that investors want.

They are doing nothing that addresses the root of the problem that sent the stock tumbling a few weeks ago, i.e. that the new players they see as a group tend to play less, and then more of them leave altogether in shorter periods of time.

They've angered customers and this creates opportunities for competitors to steal their momentum.

I only see this as increasing investor unease with the stock.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

compared to competitors, you have no idea if this is true. in fact, the industry is young enough that nobody knows what a 'good' number is.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you figure? you have no idea what they may have lost
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. the stock price isn't going to take a hit b/c they were shut down for 0.000456621 of the year.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you have no idea if this is true, and even if it is, you have no idea of the merit of said lawsuits.

bottom line: almost everyone here huffing and puffing about how this may affect stock price has no idea what they are talking about. unless you have SPECIFIC knowledge about the revenue sharing arrangements between the skins/Party, the legal arrangement between the sites, and how the new moves will ACTUALLY affect revenue, you might as well flip a coin.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:28 PM

So you will be buying Monday morning?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 09:34 PM

JESUS CHRIST MAN DON"T YOU SEE WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU DARE TO OFFER ANY CRITICISM OF THIS GUY???????WHAT ARE YOU THINKING THIS IS GUY IS OBVIOUSLY AN EXPERT THAT SHOULD BE F_ING SELF EVIDENT!!!!!!!!!11111
Old 10-09-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They've angered customers and this creates opportunities for competitors to steal their momentum.

[/ QUOTE ]

63,000 players online at Party tonight tell me otherwise. Although I do agree this is just a major battle, not the war.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 09:53 PM

IF Party opens down considerably on Monday morning I'm calling my broker at CSFB as early as possible to buy stock in London. Problem is that it will 4 be hours into UK trading.

Assuming you dont have access to Instinet during Euro-opening trading hours the best way to watch Party(PRTY.L) open is look at how it opens /trades on a few German exchanges which should be 5/6 hours ahead EST. Starting at ~3am est in around 5 hours you'll see an indication of where the stock may go.
FrankFurt is the most active german exchange-volume is very thin in all of these markets with:
symbol P2G.F
other exchanges are: Partygaming
EOL.L(Empire Online)hasnt traded in Germany in months -it may this morning thu: Empire Online

There also a good chance Party and Empire's stock will be halted until the news has been disseminated properly-not sure on UK rules on trade halts whether they extend to other european bourses.

If Party opens down considerably I'll be buying.
I think this is very bullish for Party long term--short-term thu this stock will be all over the place.

If the analysts and major shareholders really undertand the landscape this stock will move higher.

If I were short I would cover immediately if the stock opens down.

Problem is there have been rumors of Party making another pre-annoucement on earnings..so this muddies the water.there are many crosscurrents.

I had been a bear on PRTY not anymore.

Empire is going to get smoked badly.

Gala which just bought out Coral/EuroBet is part of a private buyout firm-not publicly traded. I wonder if these guy saw this coming? Ashurst keeps Candover close with £2.18bn Gala - Coral deal
Old 10-10-2005, 03:22 AM

PRTY.L EOL.L

Party and Empire just opened in London both are down slightly less than 4%. I'm very surprised Empire isnt down more--they must have something brewing to save their assz.

Party will hold these levels or rally and EOL is going to tank imo.