Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Why hasn\'t Phil had the living sh*t beat out of him yet

You're responding to the other guy, right?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell ya what, Im 6'9" and a college football/bball player, and I would have a hard time not wanting to really beat the [censored] out of that whiny baby.

you know what, I dont really care if you think that person is a donkey, and I dont really care if you think you're the best in the world. It's just bad etiquette, and retarded, not to mention immature to boot.

You nkow what? Gus Hansen and Phil Ivey would ply suited one gappers against your queens, and stack you when 779 hit the board.... are they donks? Give me a break. Go find a punching bag, and take out your passive aggressive personality problem on it. They have no place at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I dont give a damn how tall you are or how big your [censored] muscles are. There is a line when it comes to the game I love to play and I wont let some [censored] schmuck like you ruin it and if you want to step outside and handle it like men when I speak the truth about how educated you are then lets go [censored] tard.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, see next post...
Old 10-24-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, see next post...

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote the great Vinny Barbarino "I'm so confused."
Old 10-24-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, see next post...

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote the great Vinny Barbarino "I'm so confused."

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit, I meant the first response was to you and the last one was to Mr. Football.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tell ya what, Im 6'9" and a college football/bball player, and I would have a hard time not wanting to really beat the [censored] out of that whiny baby.

you know what, I dont really care if you think that person is a donkey, and I dont really care if you think you're the best in the world. It's just bad etiquette, and retarded, not to mention immature to boot.

You nkow what? Gus Hansen and Phil Ivey would ply suited one gappers against your queens, and stack you when 779 hit the board.... are they donks? Give me a break. Go find a punching bag, and take out your passive aggressive personality problem on it. They have no place at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I dont give a damn how tall you are or how big your [censored] muscles are. There is a line when it comes to the game I love to play and I wont let some [censored] schmuck like you ruin it and if you want to step outside and handle it like men when I speak the truth about how educated you are then lets go [censored] tard.

[/ QUOTE ]

so wait, because I say Im an athlete, and I say that your rudeness has no place at the table, Im unintelligent? Where is this world you're living on, and how do I get to it?

See there's this thing that pros do, its called adjusting your play. If Philly boy would get over the fact he's one of "the best in the world" and realize that no one cares, he might just see that he would have to make adjustments. Does he? No, he just sits there and whines and cries.

Second off, I did not mention my height or size to brag, because I don't know any of you and I could not give a [censored] less what you think of me. Size and height were mentioned earlier int he thread.

If you wanna be a whiny, bitchy table coach just like Phil, then go ahead, but I'll tell you one thing: You're gonna find yourself down to the felt just as quick as the brat does.

Oh, and you still haven't answered my question: Do you consider Doyle Brunson, Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey to be donks? Becuase against a player with a tight image, such as you stipulated before, they would all play smaller cards to your raise.

Remember Sammy Farha? He played 3s against a raise that shouted aces... he must be a donk too.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so wait, because I say Im an athlete, and I say that your rudeness has no place at the table, Im unintelligent? Where is this world you're living on, and how do I get to it?

See there's this thing that pros do, its called adjusting your play. If Philly boy would get over the fact he's one of "the best in the world" and realize that no one cares, he might just see that he would have to make adjustments. Does he? No, he just sits there and whines and cries.

Second off, I did not mention my height or size to brag, because I don't know any of you and I could not give a [censored] less what you think of me. Size and height were mentioned earlier int he thread.

If you wanna be a whiny, bitchy table coach just like Phil, then go ahead, but I'll tell you one thing: You're gonna find yourself down to the felt just as quick as the brat does.

Oh, and you still haven't answered my question: Do you consider Doyle Brunson, Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey to be donks? Becuase against a player with a tight image, such as you stipulated before, they would all play smaller cards to your raise.

Remember Sammy Farha? He played 3s against a raise that shouted aces... he must be a donk too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly man look at your user name and what you are posting. You think you can come on some internet message board tell someone how big you are and them be scared of you. Well this [censored] person you dont scare and if you were at my table and played like that I would tell you that you were a donkey. Sammy boys play was pretty dumb but its not as bad as calling 95o. If you read my earlier post I said that suited connectors and one gappers arent terrible depending on the blinds and your stack but I guess from the sounds of things you didnt pick up on that Mr. Football. I also am an athlete and played both football and basketball too and by no means does that make either of us idiots. You are the one taking offense to it...
Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth at main event

I had my picture taken with Phil at Cabo and he looks to be about an inch or maybe two taller than me. I'd say he is 6' 4" tops, not as tall as Lederer at 6'5", but taller than Ferguson at 6'2" - I got a picture with those guys as well on that trip.

Phil was really cool down at Cabo Wabo, far different attitude with a Corona in his hand than some cards. I suspect that he's basically a cool guy, but gets over competitve at the table and lets his worst side show. I've never been impressed with his behaviour at tournaments, but from what little I've seen of him outside of that he was a nice guy. Maybe the meditation will help him when he gets stressed.

Shauna
Old 10-24-2005, 05:17 PM

okay, Im no taking offense to it, and I really dont care that you would call me a donk. All those pros call against tight players with speculative hands because they expect to stack them when they hit. And so do I. My name on here is behemoth because that is my aim name, and I forgot the password to my other account. Im a computer science major, and I only play basketball because of the scholarship.

I dont want to scare anyone, I would hope that no one would be scared of anyone over the internet. As I stated before, height was mentioned in earlier posts. I understand what you mean about 59o because Im learning limit, and I hate the suckouts. But you still are avoiding my two points: Phil needs to adjust, and pros win tourneys by playing these speculative hands.

I would neer fight anyone over poker, as a matter of fact Im a pretty passive person physically, as I can rely on my intellect rather than my fists.

but hey, you don't wanna respond to those points, you just wanna talk about how tough you are and how you berate players. So go on ahead. Im sure that you will respond to this, but I won't, as you haven't advanced the discussion with any of your responses, and it's growing stale.

gg, nh, and all that.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth at main event

[ QUOTE ]
Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys that cant spell poker. I would have done the same. Nice work Phil!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it -- Phil thought he had a better hand and called the all-in. And he got sucked out on. Would he have been happier to see the donkey turn over AA - QQ instead of KJ? Or a small pocket pair? It doesn't really matter - because all of those hands would have taken the pot.

If he sees a guy go in with J-10, he shouldn't have expected any different in this hand.