Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Selective aggression hand I don\'t agree with.

My point was that this situation is not a good one to vary your play for the sake of deception. You shouldn't call sometimes and raise sometimes. Do whichever YOU THINK has the highest EV. I would guess that calling is slightly better here.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:10 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
in low-limit poker (especially online), always pick the play with highest +EV. Most people aren't noticing specific plays you do. Futhermore, you likely won't see these people again. These randomizing plays have no merit in low stakes poker, because opponents simply are too dumb to notice or you won't play against them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Key words: 'Especially online'. In live, most rooms, many times small rooms with 1-3 tables, you will have a core of regulars that will notice even though they are the usual donators.

As in most cases when dealing with 'image', gauge it on the action you've been getting before adjusting.

b
Old 04-01-2005, 10:53 AM

I actually like a call here. The reason is I think that it's close either way, but with five people behind you I don't think it's a bad idea to let a few more people in behind you. I like this for two reasons. 1) you might get a few more people sucked in that will feel compelled to make "crying calls" on the turn and river if you hit your flush. 2) I think by just calling you may get someone behind you on the flop to raise (maybe they think they have the best hand or are trying to get a free card) and then when it gets back around to you, you can reraise, which will push your pot equity edge and alot of people between you and the raiser may have called. And if the raiser was on your immediate right, a few people may have just cold called his flop raise and now you can make them put in (at least) on more small bet, or they'll have to fold even though they already contributed two small bets on the flop.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... And if the raiser was on your immediate right, a few people may have just cold called his flop raise and now you can make them put in (at least) on more small bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean, "if the raiser was on your immediate left...". In other words, bettor is on your right, you call, raiser is on your left, a few suckers coldcall hopefully, original bettor calls, now you 3bet to push your equity edge.

-ptmusic