Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Re: How my night is going so far in a nutshell.

i think i got you guys beat...

Playing 3 50+5 tables, with-in 5 minutes I had AA beat by KK on all three, they each had these things in common:

1.level 2
2.Player with KK limped
3.I raised three times BB (90), had position
4.player with KK raised to 400 or larger (limp raise)
5.I pushed
6.they flopped a set

the only differience is one of them rivered quads to which I replied, "that last K really rubbed it in."

-pete
Old 12-13-2004, 02:44 AM

We must have some planets lining up.....
Old 12-13-2004, 02:52 AM

Any of this starts happening and I'm out of here.

12. And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood [dull red in color]; 13. And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth [there was a great meteor shower], even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together [the stars seemed to disappear]; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Steve
Old 12-13-2004, 02:56 AM

Default Message from the Bad Beat D.A.

Just because a respected poster made a bad beat post, does not give immunity to all others who have secretly longed to make bad beat posts themselves.

Replying to a bad beat post, by posting a bad beat, is still a punishable offense. All guilty parties will be prosectued.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Message from the Bad Beat D.A.

No sh!t! This group whine could grow into a monster.

boohoos
Old 12-13-2004, 03:10 AM

ok, I'll go to my room now
Old 12-13-2004, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, I'll go to my room now

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've heard the Bad Beat D.A. often cuts deals for such "punishment" as what you've described. Though it usually includes a month of probation in which telling another bad beat-related story will land you back in trouble.

Once your probation is served, you're off the hook. Probably want to check with your attorney to make sure the whole thing officially gets finalized.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:28 AM

You guys just aren't playing the right hands:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t5096)
<font color="#C00000">SB (t2831)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t5573)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t650) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, SB calls t400.

Turn: (t2250) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1606 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1606.

River: (t5462) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5462

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 7s Ac (one pair, sevens).
Hero has 2s 3d (two pair, threes and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins t5462. </font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (2 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Button (t2444)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t11056)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls t300, Hero checks.

Flop: (t950) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1800</font>, Button calls t1194 (All-In).

Turn: (t4544) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t4544) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4544

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 5c Jc (high card, queen).
Hero has 2h 3s (one pair, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins t4544. </font>
Old 12-13-2004, 03:32 AM

Default Re: i wonder why Daliman can author a bad beat thread...

Sheesh. Didn't realize I created such a monster. Been out playing live tourney,(got 4th, no cards, bah), and singing Karaoke, ("When you close your eyes" by Night Ranger and "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi, stiiring renditions both...), and come home to see this.

Yeah, It's a bad beat post, essentially, but I found it better than breaking something, and It WAS about my 9th bad beat in a row, but ya, flame away.

Aside from that, I don't mind showing how even though 4 days ago I was posting how I was crushing for previous 2.5 weeks up 20k, that a slide can happen quick to any of us. I don't think it's a big surprise to anyone who reads my posts that I pretty much wear my heart on my sleeve and reveal alot more than most posters.

Great. I'm the Eminem on 2+2.

Yes, my mom WAS an alcoholic.

WWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:51 AM

Default Re: i wonder why Daliman can author a bad beat thread...

diss up some respected members like giga and ZJ and you can be the rebel [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

perhaps this is another bad beat post, but coming from deliman and from stakes he plays in, it made me feel better about -200$ my downswing because I know it happens to pros too now. (not that I am a pro or anything like that)