Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 12:56 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Was not us Grandmother

Look elsewhere. We sign our work. We have agents that enjoyed the tournament.

You guys are a bunch of WACKOS.

Do you wear glasses, weight 300 pounds and haven't touched a woman in 10 years?
Geeks? LOL

William [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 01:32 AM

Default Re: WATCH THE SPAM

Granny,

Don't let the bastards grind you down. A lot of people enjoyed Toejam and from what I can tell, Mason hasn't put a stop to it completely. But I totally understand where you are coming from.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the various forum nazi's who think they own other fora here, did not take kindly to you posting about Toejam in their forum. They know who they are, and lets hope they are pleased with themselves.

Fuk me - heaven forbid anybody do anything that benefits others. I worked with Granny throughout Toejam 1 and can confirm that Granny put an incredible amount of time, effort and cash into making it a success. Ditto, Toejam 2.

As always, I am in full support of you Granny and will back any decision you make regarding the future of Toejam and indeed your own persona.

Simon
Old 04-23-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: WATCH THE SPAM

[ QUOTE ]
yes he does stage. however, as always i support managements right to dictate what they deem best for the place. i have always fought the trolls that felt they could run amuck and do as they wish.

as a matter of fact, my intentions were never to have mentioned this, just to have TOEJAM fade away. then i read a post late that night from the person i replied to first in this thread. his statement just hit me in such a way that i decided to say something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such CRAP. Why the hell would anyone care whether you ran tournament or not? Hell, I personally don't care if you made $1.3 mil on the damn thing. It was FUN and that's supposed to be the whole idea. This is a FRIGGING GAME after all.

There are people on this forum that I truely like and respect and those that I respect and tolerate and those that I just tolerate. I am sure that the feeling is mutual in many cases. So what? That takes nothing away from my enjoyment of the game or my enjoyment of this forum. Are we really so caught up in the "business" of poker to lose sight of the fact that 99% of the posters on this forum are NEVER EVER going to be featured on the cover of CardPlayer?

Psst. Want in on a big secret? Spammers don't really bother me. I hope every affiliate on this forum gets Bill Gates rich. They didn't set up the programs, they simply use them. I learned how to click the mouse to skip over a post a long time ago. It takes just a moment and really is no effort at all. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My request is simple Granny. If you want to run the tourney do so. Just don't forget to let me know when and where...I'll be there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 08:26 AM

Default I must be naive.....

....because, I simply don't get it??

I haven't got much time at the moment to comment about this string, as I have a full business day ahead of me, but......

....would someone be kind enough to explain to this old goat just exactly what is going on here?

Old 04-23-2004, 08:49 AM

Default Re: I must be naive.....

[ QUOTE ]
....would someone be kind enough to explain to this old goat just exactly what is going on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Myrtle. It is easy enough to explain. Granny was asked by Paradise if she would like to beta test their new private tournaments. She agreed and ended up putting together a tournament that was password protected and created for posters here at 2+2. She then set up a second tournament with some new features such as rebuys and let all the forums know when and where it was going to be. She put out the word in many of the forums because she didn't want to restrict it to the zoo. Because of the hard work by Granny and others who helped her organize it, the tourney went off famously and was a great time (although I sucked [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) Apparently someone did not like the fact that she advertised the tournament in other forums that they like to think they own and complained to Mason et al. Mason wrote Granny a PM directing her to no longer post info about any "private" tournaments in any forum except one of her choice and only one post as any more posts constituted spam in their opinion. Aside from the fact that this is BS, another poster made a comment on this thread that set Granny off and she decided to make the problem public. So there you are....

Granny, did I get it about right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 04:17 PM

..........tyvm, Stage.......

Good grief??!! Is that all?

Uh....I just surfaced here at the office for a few minutes to "catch up" while I wolf down a bit of lunch.......

Is it me, or are some people getting a bit petty here?
Old 04-23-2004, 04:43 PM

Good grief??!! Is that all?

that is it myrtle.

you would think with the world going to hell in a handbasket, and the probability that this hell in a handbasket will spread to our soil sooner than later, that the whiners would have other things to worry about.

you would also think the whinee (mason i guess) would have realized i was just making his forum more social and with the advent of a bunch of other choices available to the growing poker population, he would have welcomed this FREE PUBLICITY for 2+2.

ok, that was my last comment on this. i have a HUGE favor to ask of my friends and those that supported toejam while it lasted....

can this thread please die? i know i started the mess, i know i was the one crying on my soapbox, but it angers me further everytime it pops up. you all know granny. i am incapable of ignoring a new reply on this if i think there is something germane to be added. however, 2+2 is still important to me and i am not going to let almost 3 years of fun be affected by this incident.

toejam will certainly be played again, but i will promote it from another site, maybe my OWN. as always, myself and others are just guests here. until i affiliate myself with another forum or open my own joint, i wish to remain respectful to mason. for this to happen, this thread must die.

thx all who posted and all who sent supportive PM's. let's make KOTZ the breeder for WPT champs for the next 10 years.