Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: 15 BB challenge time again

[ QUOTE ]
This is the sort of thing that makes a wookie smile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely owe one certain wookie a beverage if he ever makes it out to Seattle (or if there's ever a micro-gathering, hint, hint).

And the saga continues...

It took a while (being blinded off when the blinds alone would pay for a decent dinner is slightly weird), but a few blind steals and one pair of uncracked aces later I'm banking another $95 (total profit so far: $255) and stepping up to 20/40.

Maybe it was just my limited experience or good table selection, but surprisingly, play at 15/30 seemed much more straightforward than 2/4. I pretty much knew when to fold and when to raise by villain's actions - and a checkraise was like releasing poison gas at the table, it killed my opponents dead.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 AM

I'll actually be in Seattle over Thanksgiving. I'd be in favor of a Seattle area micro gathering on Friday or Saturday. Anyone else in the area?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll actually be in Seattle over Thanksgiving. I'd be in favor of a Seattle area micro gathering on Friday or Saturday. Anyone else in the area?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know anyone else who's from here, but I'd be up for getting together Saturday and even playing some poker.

Hmm...this might warrant a new thread...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:49 AM

I did one last night. Only got to 5/10 (6M style) and got busted. Oh well. Short term variance is both a blessing and a byatch.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:28 AM

After getting my rockets cracked and $100 from being busted at 20/40, I battled my way back to almost exactly even before the table broke up (guess the new guy wasn't as fishy as they thought he was).

There I leave it for the night (can't decide whether there will be more casual 20/40 players earlier than there are heavy drinkers later).

Good luck to the others still challenging away.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:08 AM

good job mate, Pretty good challenge eh?

Although can take hours if you're card cold(I.e. me 2hours at .25/.50 or whatever).

If i we're you, as im a bit of a woss [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'd be stopping now after banking $300 and trying my luck at 5/10 or 10/20 for a bit.

thinking of it as a lucky break. if you kill the table stay there for longer [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Just starting a 15BB now before i train, got about an hour.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You got to 5/10!?!?!?

Gee i've never got past 1/2 in my 6-10 attempts.

However, tonight i'll play .50/1 and try get to wherever...

Id like to make $100 to make up for my 1/2 loss... So umm thats 3/6 eh ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my first time. I started at .5/1 and had an amazing run (not through good play, just good cards - I hadn't even read GSIH or SSH yet). I was lucky enough to get decent cards within my first or second orbit at each level. (e.g. at 1/2, I had won my 2nd hand (can't remember it) and on my 3rd hand I had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Flop came A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] giving me the nut flush. That alone was a monster pot so I skipped 2/4 (cheating?) and went right to 3/6 (had a K-high nut str8 on my first hand). Complete n00b luck. I got to 5/10 thinking: "Poker is easy, I pwn!" and got spanked when my luck ran out. Since then (3 more attempts), I haven't gotten past 1/2.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 AM

what are the "rules" exactly anyway?

move up every time you reach 15 bbs of the next highest limit?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 AM

Join a limit with 15BB (.25/.50 With $7.50, .50/1 $15 Whichever).

Move up everytime you have 15BB for the next level, No moving down.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:19 AM

sounds righteous