Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Friends colluding

[ QUOTE ]
But, lets say you grew up with a guy since you were a kid and as the years went on he started dealing drugs. Would you really turn him in (we will say for this argument that you knew for a fact he was selling only to college kids and older)?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Just no. Drug dealing is giving a product to a person where they willingly buy the product. These two kids are stealing money from people.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:42 PM

I dont blame you for not turning them in. It is truly a shame that these individuals can't resist from cheating. It is no different than walking into senior citizens home and robbing them. I would bet these individuals could resist stealing in that case. The internet seems to make it o.k. for these guys, because they are not risking their future or possible incarceration. For some people it is not the act of doing wrong that plagues their consience. It is the fear of the penalties that arise from these acts. That is what governs their consience. The penalty for cheating online poker is probably not severe enough to affect their consience. The fact that they have even shared this with you, shows that their conscience is probably bothering them somewhat, because they wanted to judge the severity of their actions by your response when they shared this with you. They wouldn't admit this, but it is probably the case. The best thing you could of done is ripped their asses apart when they told you. You should've been red faced spit frothing freaking out on them. Besides that, if you value your relationship with these individuals, ratting them out is out of the question. Murder and Rape is about the only thing risking valuable friendships. Theft in my opinon is not. I would love to see these guys cained or broom handle raped for their actions, but they are not my friends.

Starting to sound like Ricky Williams, but thats my 2 cents
Old 08-13-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont blame you for not turning them in. It is truly a shame that these individuals can't resist from cheating. It is no different than walking into senior citizens home and robbing them. I would bet these individuals could resist stealing in that case. The internet seems to make it o.k. for these guys, because they are not risking their future or possible incarceration. For some people it is not the act of doing wrong that plagues their consience. It is the fear of the penalties that arise from these acts. That is what governs their consience. The penalty for cheating online poker is probably not severe enough to affect their consience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Another factor is that online poker by it's nature seems to make people lose track of the value of money. Bear in mind, I'm not trying to justify their actions by any means, but I am trying to think of reasons why otherwise decent human beings would take part in such an abhorrent act.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that they have even shared this with you, shows that their conscience is probably bothering them somewhat, because they wanted to judge the severity of their actions by your response when they shared this with you. They wouldn't admit this, but it is probably the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. This isn't the case. The one who told me about, who is admittedly kind of a scumbag, seemed to be fairly proud of it.

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing you could of done is ripped their asses apart when they told you. You should've been red faced spit frothing freaking out on them. Besides that, if you value your relationship with these individuals, ratting them out is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

(16:38:44) P: [censored] off
(16:39:27) P: you guys are assholes, and i can only hope that you are reported and your accounts frozen
(16:39:30) P: now go die

I haven't spoken to them since.

-Phoenix
Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 PM

"If he cheats at poker like this, he probably cheats on his girlfriend / wife and who knows what else."

Uh... talk about hyperbole...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:24 PM

As with most everyone else I agree that what they are doing sucks and you should turn them in, but if this friendship is important then I'd at least spend a few minutes talking to the one guy you are kind of close to.

Sometimes people don't realize that what they are doing is a big deal. Not everyone can see beyond the moment. Maybe by talking to him he'll see what he's doing is wrong.

I know this is a little on the emo/sensitive side, but if it was a close friend of mine I'd do this and then if they didn't stop I'd tell him I was going to report him.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling it "typical" or "BS" does nothing to say what problem you have with my line of thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok typical BS. Is this, it does not affect me so I will do nothing about it.

I think that says it all. Would you like me elaborate?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:08 PM

I hate to continue this conversation, but I can't resist.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling it "typical" or "BS" does nothing to say what problem you have with my line of thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok typical BS. Is this, it does not affect me so I will do nothing about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you getting this from? Where in any of my posts did I say it doesn't affect me? Where did I give my rationale for not reporting them other than saying that I don't rat out my friends? Do you make a habit of making random assumptions about people's motivations and attacking them blindly?

[ QUOTE ]
I think that says it all. Would you like me elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have said nothing, you have nothing to elaborate, I would like to shut up.

-Phoenix
Old 08-13-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to shut up.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to shut up.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clever, using my typo against me. Did you come up with that on your own? Because that's funny. I would never think of that, taking a sentence out of context like that. Wow, you're really funny! You even took attention away from the fact that I pointed out exactly where and how you made an ass of yourself in this thread. You're good!

Now we can both shut up.

-Phoenix
Old 08-13-2005, 11:28 PM

Would you be so kind as to tell us what site they play on and what limits they play so we can be a little more cautious when playing there?