Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
If he raises you back for all your money, I assume you would have to strongy consider dumping your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. But I'd strongly consider calling as well. That would depend on a lot of things.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if he just smooth calls your raise, what are you going to do if the flop comes 10 2 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely, I think 1600+ heads to the middle.

You make a number of good points in favor of folding (or calling, but I like folding better than calling).
Old 02-09-2004, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at this hand in isolation, I think it was fine. However, in retrospect, given the exceptional weakness of this table, I think folding might have been the better move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you score any long-term points with the other players that will be useful? I assume you don't tangle with this guy enough that your bold move will have much long-term effect. Still, I like your play. Nothing really wrong with showing that your balls are made of steel, if for no other reason than a good confidence builder for yourself.

Taking all that you have said about the game and players into consideration, folding is a viable option and one that would be easy to live with - next hand.

Thanks for posting the hand, very interesting and everyone benefited from an excellent discussion.

-Zeno
Old 02-11-2004, 02:39 AM

With your 400 raise, and his thinking forever it should be obvious he doesn't have AA or KK (unless he's pulling a Hollywood, but he folded, so no). It's more likely he has QQ, JJ or AK himself and decided folding was the better part of valor. I guess pushing all-in or calling all-in removes the element of the position advantage he has on you, which is a nice thing not to worry about with a drawing hand of AK.

I'd love to play no limit again (but not at the stakes at Lucky Chances!) Maybe you can tell me more about that game when we meet sometime. I'd love to hear your description.

Garland