Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Aren\'t taxes just too high?

Amtrak is relatively worthless.

SS/Medicare/Medicaid needs to be cut.

Farm subsidies = welfare.

Programs that are very clearly neutral EV at best.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
38% income tax, sales tax, not to mention that I just paid $400 to renew registrations at the DMV. Does it really cost this much to keep the machine going?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it does cost that much to build bridges to nowhere and to pay farms billions to destroy food and other wasteful nonsese.

natedogg
Old 10-14-2005, 10:30 PM

only for the middle class
Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
38% income tax, sales tax, not to mention that I just paid $400 to renew registrations at the DMV. Does it really cost this much to keep the machine going?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not read this thread and don't intend to.

My taxes are too high.

I've never met anyone who felt theirs are too low.

Anyone who thinks taxes are too low has never sat down and tried to follow the insane trail of just exactly what is taxed and to what extent.

Anyone who thinks their taxes are too low has my permission to cough up whatever the hell they think their proper rate should be. I encourage them to convince their like-minded friends to do the same.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My taxes are too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. All the prices people charge me are too high. The Lexus dealer should be charging me $10.00 for an RX330. Let them make it up by charging others more.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My taxes are too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. All the prices people charge me are too high. The Lexus dealer should be charging me $10.00 for an RX330. Let them make it up by charging others more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're trying to be sarcastic, but doesn't what you write above actually serve better to illustrate what those who support big government and progressive taxes are saying?

"Bo-hoo, I can't afford treatment for my lung cancer. The government should take money by force from people who weren't stupid enough to spend it on cigarettes instead of health insurance!"
Old 12-22-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My taxes are too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have to deal with the Lexus dealer if I don't want. Plus, there's competition, so I can choose between Lexus dealers if I really want a Lexus. And...I can pick and choose my options. If I want to pay for some things and not others, then I can do that.

Let's see what happens when the taxman comes by:

"Here's your bill."

"Hey, listen, I only really want to pay for police, the national guard, and the roads. Can you retabulate the bill for me please?"

"No. You must pay the bill as is."

"Well, I don't think it's a fair deal, so I'll pass. I don't want this Medicare or this Social Security or this Iraq War or this Bridge to Nowhere. I don't want anything from you but roads and police. So if you won't sell me government services in the form that I want, then I'm not buying. Thanks anyway."

"This .45 says you should reconsider."

Will
Old 12-21-2005, 10:30 PM

Are there any studies on how much money people end up spending in taxes overall - when you include sales tax, and all they other hit you up taxes that get dumped onto you over the years. Not to mention paying SS tax, and getting back your money which is worth significantly less after inflation.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 AM

There are studies that show that lower incomes pay more in sales taxes proportionately to their income than higher incomes. Some of this has to do with "sin taxes" such as tax on cigarettes and alcohol.