Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Why not just pay your fkn taxes?

Why not just pay your [censored] taxes you weasel?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Why not just pay your fkn taxes?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this post and the one about wanting to puke.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont live in the US.

i never want to return to the US.

i beneft zero from paying taxes to the US.

i hate the US government and feel that they waste tax money.

i feel that the current tax laws are bullshit: especially gambling tax, death tax, gift tax.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Citizenship Abroad to Avoid Paying Taxes...

[ QUOTE ]
however, I believe if you are filing a schedule C and therefore as aa professional playing poker with the expectation of income (also can deduct expenses and get to agg.) then I believe the exemption applies. If your lumping in other income, it doesn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone confirm or deny this?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 AM

It's a nice idea but not terribly easy. In particular, flexibility to return to your homeland may be something you find desirable later in life. The second problem is that any desirable country is fairly difficult to acquire citenzenship for, and therefore requires a long-term plan and concerted effort.

You need to look into the rules for EU countries. Marrying an EU citizen is the quickest route. This should, in fact, be easier than it sounds. Meeting a receptive girlfriend/friend is one option. I know two people who have married someone purely to get them UK citezenship. One of these did it as a friend, the other got payed several thousand pounds.

The other option would be to look in to the rules for non-EU east european countries. In particular, Croatia is on the Medditeranian, is cheap, beautiful, friendly, and is a future candidate for the EU (surely a matter of "when", rather than "if"). I believe croatia is in a process of major renewal with a growing tourist industry, and has great potential for investment right now.

It may be worth researching the rules for all EU candidates (I think they are Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Turkey(not a good option)), as these could offer a potential "backdoor" for EU membership. Once they are incoporated to the EU you can then move where you like.

If you really want to do this it will take research, a long-term plan and many big decisions, but it is definately do-able.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:32 AM

Nice post, stigmata.

All you people who say he wouldn't be able to return to the US because of "tax evasion", is this really such a big concern? How likely is it that they would a.) even know that the OP is making significant money if he doesn't use any American banks and b.) be able to prove that he renounced his citizenship for tax reasons? It would be easy to say that he's renouncing in protest of the war or because he has a girlfriend (real or not) in some other country or even just likes the weather. I could of course be wrong as I have no experience with this but it sounds like an empty unenforcable threat to me.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:34 AM

Kane-

Did you grow up in the U.S.? If so, you have already benefitted from other peoples tax dollars for your education, health care and overall quality of life that got you to where you are today. If the aformentioned is true, it seems you owe the U.S. government big time.

Now either shut the F-up and pay back your debt to society or burn your U.S. passport in front of the entire 2+2 board.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:38 AM

This "debt to society" argument is asinine. People don't choose where they are born.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kane-

Did you grow up in the U.S.? If so, you have already benefitted from other peoples tax dollars for your education, health care and overall quality of life that got you to where you are today. If the aformentioned is true, it seems you owe the U.S. government big time.

Now either shut the F-up and pay back your debt to society or burn your U.S. passport in front of the entire 2+2 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might just be the biggest idiot ever.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to renounce your US citizenship and become a citizen elsewhere, this is pretty easy to do in a lot of small countries for a small fee with minimal requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try HERE. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]