Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Party Coming Out Against Poker Tracker?

[ QUOTE ]
Unless they physically show up at my house they would not have any idea that I was running software. None. There would be no possible way for it to be seen with their software, no traces for them to find. None.

The people that resign themselves to the change of Party, et al., not allowing any other software to be run will get run over themselves - not quite as bad as the 'fish' but they surely won't be doing as well as they did before.

[/ QUOTE ]

If party wanted to stop the use of PT and PV they would just change how they store hand histories.

what if they just made it so stored and observed hands dont show up on your comp until you leave the table. Plus let you change your screen name whenever you want and let you change your name to players old non active names.

This would make it very difficult to use PV GT+ and PT would only be valuable for your own play

point if party wanted to they could
Old 04-15-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless they physically show up at my house they would not have any idea that I was running software. None. There would be no possible way for it to be seen with their software, no traces for them to find. None.

The people that resign themselves to the change of Party, et al., not allowing any other software to be run will get run over themselves - not quite as bad as the 'fish' but they surely won't be doing as well as they did before.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok don't complain when they catch you then.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Though Poker Tracker is not an Artificial Intelligence product, our gaming and technical consultants are coming up with a combative strategy to counter the use of such products on our site and we will be sharing this information with all our players when it comes in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone is missinterpreting Party's poor English. What they are trying to say (imo) is "PT is not AI. We are coming up with a combative strategy to counteract the use of AI."

I am an expert at translating English to English, having dealt extensively with all manner of English 2nd language situations.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:35 PM

All this is beside the point. Things like PT , GT, and PV are good for the game.

If the casual players knew about these things they would think it was great. People love gadgets even if they don't completely understand them.

I don't know if you guys know any obsessive fishermen, but look at all the crap they buy.

If you took a bad casual player and gave him this stuff, he would think it was neat and he would spend some time tinkering. At the end of the day he would probably still be a bad player.

Also an obvious tactic that Party could use to "level the field" if they wanted; would be to contract with PT and just start issuing it out to members as part of their software. I think this would be great, the bad players would feel like they had all the tools in the world and they would still be bad.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 PM

Still think that dataminim and observed hands shouldnt be saved or a possibility. Ppl are not supposed to be able to collect stats 24/7. Hands htat ppl play in are ofcourse a diffrent story...
Old 04-15-2005, 09:46 PM

As long as we still get hand histories, Poker Tracker will never die.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Though Poker Tracker is not an Artificial Intelligence product, our gaming and technical consultants are coming up with a combative strategy to counter the use of such products on our site and we will be sharing this information with all our players when it comes in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone is missinterpreting Party's poor English. What they are trying to say (imo) is "PT is not AI. We are coming up with a combative strategy to counteract the use of AI."

I am an expert at translating English to English, having dealt extensively with all manner of English 2nd language situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's right, they are not referring to PT but are trying to say that PT is not an AI program that they are trying to combat.

False alarm, everyone can breath again [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 10:56 PM

Thats how i read it too. But i assumed it was just a product of "written by commitee customer service handbook".
Old 04-15-2005, 11:06 PM

Agreed, I'd be surprised if they cared you own and use Pokertracker, they probably have the problem with Gametime and Playerview. I also agree that I would not mind them prohibiting use of these programs...