Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: What\'s with Evelyn Ng?

[ QUOTE ]
The BEST female NL talent would be... Isabelle Mercier. This girl is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a good player, certainly light years ahead of Ng, but to say she's the best is a bit of a stretch. Until she proves otherwise, I wouldn't put her in the same class with Harmon, Liebert and Duke.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 AM

Default What the hell is up with you Americans?

Just because people like Annie Duke are on the WPT publicity and sponsorship freeroll doesn't make them great players. I agree Jen Harman and Kathy Liebert are both good but to put Annie Duke ahead of Lucy Rokach (Database) is a complete joke. If Lucy had big tits, a publicity machine working for her, and, to make it really fair, let's throw in Dave Ulliot as her big brother......

I've nothing against Annie, I'm sure she's a much much better player than I am, but the only reason she's the woman who's cashed the most is because of that freeroll SnG (where I might remind you she was all-in with an underpair preflop).
Old 07-01-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow does this thread belong in the WPT forum.

And I'd guess she made a conscious effort to market herself and is working with a talent agency and has people doing PR for her. Just my speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously thought i was in the wpt forum while reading this thread until i came to your post.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 AM

Totally agree! It's all Negreanu.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Why does this belong in WPT?? She plays Hold'em. She's not a WPT spokesperson, this isn't about the WPT, it's about an overrated, over-hyped hotty pro. I suppose if they created a category for "Poker Pros" then this thread would make more sense there then anywhere else.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does this belong in WPT?? She plays Hold'em. She's not a WPT spokesperson, this isn't about the WPT, it's about an overrated, over-hyped hotty pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "WPT etc." forum is for discussion of poker on television, including players. This topic might also be better posted in the OOT forum, the home of over-stimulated adolescents, or in the gossip forum. It certainly has zero content regarding the play or the strategy of Texas Holdem.

This forum, being titled "Texas Holdem", is for the discussion of the game of Texas Holdem. Some people actually come here looking for discussions on how to play Texas Holdem, and are annoyed by having to wade through gossip threads.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does this belong in WPT?? She plays Hold'em. She's not a WPT spokesperson, this isn't about the WPT, it's about an overrated, over-hyped hotty pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "WPT etc." forum is for discussion of poker on television, including players. This topic might also be better posted in the OOT forum, the home of over-stimulated adolescents, or in the gossip forum. It certainly has zero content regarding the play or the strategy of Texas Holdem.

This forum, being titled "Texas Holdem", is for the discussion of the game of Texas Holdem. Some people actually come here looking for discussions on how to play Texas Holdem, and are annoyed by having to wade through gossip threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a much better response than I was going to post. ("Because I say so.")