Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: A fantastic display of ignorance

[ QUOTE ]
The government does not place new immigrants into the Territories, but does offer incentives - low mortgage rates, for example - to populate the lands in Aza and Yehuda/Shomron. This is quite different from "being sent", as Alger's ridiculous post claims.

[/ QUOTE ]
The government doesn't "send" anyone, it just pays enough people enough money to populate it to the extent it desires. So it's not as if the government bears responsibility for their presence or anything. Another brilliant rebutal from the guy who thinks that reading books is a waste of time.

[ QUOTE ]
It is the Arab refusal to accept a Jew in their homeland

[/ QUOTE ]
Jews have had a continous presence in Palestine for more than a millenia of Arab predominance, so this "refusal to accept" jazz is just another of your weird delusions. Further, not even the most militant Palestinian entities (Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc) have ever "refused to accept" their presence, nor is mere "presence" and peace and security what Israel desires.

Remember, the conflict began with the political threat of Zionism, Zionists plans to ethnically cleanse and dominate all Palestine, and the ethnic cleansing and domination the Zionists wrought. Blaming the Palestinians is just another case of blaming the victim.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: The facts

[ QUOTE ]
When my tax dollars are heading Israel's way, I sure as hell want a right to voice my opinion or, as a consequence of not being listened to, tighten up the purse strings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a valid point, and elwood's sentiments are probably shared by many Americans. Gamblor, maybe you should work on getting those 1 million Americam Jews to move to Israel posthaste.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:20 PM

Another brilliant rebutal from the guy who thinks that reading books is a waste of time.

Great one! You really got me there.

Too bad you didn't actually address the point - funny you think people are total sheep who will simply follow the money; maybe it's a Jewish thing.

have had a continous presence in Palestine for more than a millenia of Arab predominance, so this "refusal to accept" jazz is just another of your weird delusions.

I should clarify - it's not the presence of a Jew - it's the presence of Jewish self-determination that gets 'em all riled up.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, the conflict began with the political threat of Zionism, Zionists plans to ethnically cleanse and dominate all Palestine, and the ethnic cleansing and domination the Zionists wrought. Blaming the Palestinians is just another case of blaming the victim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that the Arabs have dominated (and have implemented discriminatory laws and customs in) an area over 900 times the size as Israel, and that the Jews have dominated no area except for tiny Israel, it might be supposed that the Arabs could realize this and offer their Palestinian cousins some land, patriation and assistance. But NOOOOO...can't have that, despite the fact that it was the Arabs who drove the Jews out of other Arab lands to begin with.

The Arabs got 99%+ of the Middle East lands (not to mention its bountiful oil) and have implemented severe discrimination and an intolerant religion in those lands to boot. Isn't that enough? Do they have to have the whole 100%? And where is the talk of compensation for the 800,000+ Jews who were driven from other parts of the Middle East by Arab mobs at about the time 600,000 Palestinians were driven from Israel? It's just about all one-sided, isn't it?--drive the Jews out, compensate them nothing, then when they form a tiny tiny homeland and drive out some Arabs, all hell breaks loose and stays that way for over half a century. To this day most Arab states don't accept the right of Israel to exist. If they're so damn upset about the displacement of the Palestinian Arabs, why don't they show that they aren't employing a double-standard by offering the Jews some compensation (or maybe some land) for being driven out of Arab lands en masse? More double-standard---of course. Anyone starting to get an idea of just how much double-standard there is in the Arab/Muslim world? And it is always directed outwards against non-Arabs, non-Muslims in a negative fashion--and against women.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:27 PM

They're citizens of the state. But it's still a Jewish majority state, and must remain that way to protect the people it was created for.

that is a very scary idea. thank you for making me very proud to tell people about my jewish background.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:39 PM

Default A more articulate version of MMMMMM\'s story

Old 05-05-2004, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're citizens of the state. But it's still a Jewish majority state, and must remain that way to protect the people it was created for.

that is a very scary idea. thank you for making me very proud to tell people about my jewish background.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm not Jewish, but it is true that the existence of Israel is necessary to protect the Jews from the PIGS who have comprised much of the rest of the world for aeons. No discrimination here: these PIGS have lived on several continents and have hailed from diverse backgrounds. In fact in the USA there were a good number of PIGS who held slaves and treated them cruelly to boot (although slave-holding has been an ageless world-wide custom). In other words what I'm saying is that a significant percentage of humanity have typically been more animal than human. Unfortunately the Jews have been a prototypical scapegoat group, a whipping boy, etc.

Maybe when 500 more years have passed the bulk of humanity won't be so ignorant, brutish, childish, pig-like, cruel, insensitive, and egomaniacal. Where's Zeno when you need him.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:11 PM

Not surprisingly, I disagree with your most important point. If Israel decided on the spur of the moment to drop nuclear bombs on Syria I think we would indeed have the right to criticize this policy and demand that they take a different course of action. When Hitler was gassing millions of people - both German and foreigners, I think that not only could citizens of other countries criticize this policy but they should have. I don't think people getting gassed in Germany affected the average non-European much. If you would argue that only Europeans had the right to criticize the policies of the Nazis then you really are mad.

Based on your (non)thinking here you would also not call the police when you watch someone beating his wife even if he seems likely to kill her. After all, you "don't face the consequences" of the beating he's dishing out, and as such only the victim may take action.

I could go on with several more examples but I will stop here.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:18 PM

Criticize is one thing, and I in fact welcomed criticism.

It's making demands on a sovereign state at war with a maniacal suicidal enemy that I have a problem with.

Look, you want to open the eyes of some politicians, by all means, go ahead.

But it is up to Israel to ultimately decide how she defends herself.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:21 PM

Maybe when 500 more years have passed the bulk of humanity won't be so ignorant, brutish, childish, pig-like, cruel, insensitive, and egomaniacal. Where's Zeno when you need him.

Thanks for putting this into context.

Hopefully, we won't need so many years. From what I hear, civilization advances on a hyperbolic curve, and god it's been slow. But the US so far is about the only place outside Israel that goes trouble free.