Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth -- Genius or completely oblivious ?

While I can understand evaluating some TV hands played by Phil Hellmuth can be a point of discussing his play, the part of his game that he talks about the most is the ability to read his opponents.

This year in the main event, in a hand I am sure will make it to TV, he folded A-K on a flop A-A-X where he determined, correctly, that his opponent had a full house. He continuosly harasses his opponents for playing just about any hand against him and it is probably intimidating for any of the amateurs that run into him.

Phil Hellmuth has some great results in NLHE tourneys, but I do agree he is annoying to watch. Hes probably the only man in his mid 40s to act like that. However, his tactics seem to be effective and most of us would probably have a tough time playing through that constant harassment.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth -- Genius or completely oblivious ?

Phil is a phenomenal player (as much as I'd love to hate him). He'll lay down hand after hand cause he knows that when it comes down to it, he'll take all your money on one hand...or so he says.