Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 01:23 PM

Default would you behave this way in live games?

[ QUOTE ]

"That hand you were big weina"
"And to be big weina is hard"
"That make you BIG HARD WEINA!"
"raugh raugh raugh"

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you say these things in a live game? Probably not, because if you behaved like this in real life among strangers, you would look like an idiot. But why is it you do this on-line? Can it because you are now able to hide behind your anonymous online identity?

Sure, among your freinds, you can make fun of eachother and it's all fun and games, but among strangers, I don't think you can expect to get a whole lot of laugh out of your routine, live or online.

If you did this in a live situation, people would dismiss you as being mentally retarded, but online, they are thinking, "what an idiot... he's hiding behind a screen name and acting out his idiocies, something he does not have the nerves to do in real life". Some will just think this, but others will voice it or even go far as to try to have you banned because they can't stand idiots.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Players Who Report Your Chat Online

Nah--none of the above. You just seem to have ego and self-esteem issues. You opened the door and I chose to walk through it, but I really don't wish you any ill. Good luck to you at the poker table.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:34 PM

Note to self: Learn how to use "ignore this user" feature.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:34 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: would you behave this way in live games?

Hmmm....good points about live vs. online. But again, I think you're taking it way too serious. On pokerstars you can use a picture to represent you.

Some people use their pets, some people put themselves, some people use funny characters. Online I'm having a good time and I've got that picture of the asian guy and I'm playing that part.

It's all meant in good fun, and no, in a live game I wouldn't have an asian-guy mask and be doing that. But for my home poker game I tossed on some peeling flesh and makeup and some goofy teeth and played the retarded zombie, it was a blast.

Life is too short to let things like "you BIG HARD WEINA! raugh raugh raugh" get you upset. If you're that easily upset you probably take a hissy over blaming games like Grand Theft Auto for causing kids to kill instead of blaming poor parenting and a society/economy that overworks 90% of the people and thus doesn't provide them with enough social/luxury/family time.

Lighten up man, lighten up.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:40 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Nah--none of the above. You just seem to have ego and self-esteem issues. You opened the door and I chose to walk through it, but I really don't wish you any ill. Good luck to you at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I often find that I open myself up to all sorts of abuse and ribbings. Fair enough, I'm a glutton for punishment. Ipso Facto!
Old 11-10-2004, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self: Learn how to use "ignore this user" feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horry Morry mista! What, you no speakie no en-ga-resh? *smirk*

You're welcome to ignore me, although not sure why you'd post that you plan to ignore me. Isn't that just asking for attention from me? Are you trying to reverse-"psychosis" me? raugh raugh raugh.

Should I cry that you won't acknowledge my posts in the future?
Old 11-10-2004, 01:42 PM

Some people are just way too sensative. Thats all there is to it.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: would you behave this way in live games?

Man are you thick.

Have you read ANY of the responses in this thread. Your circular reasoning hasn't worked with ANYBODY. Some people chose to agree with you that what you do is not a big deal, but not because of any arguement YOU made. On the other hand a lot chose not to. Mainly because your, "the world just needs to lighten up" arguement will NEVER be justification for poking fun using racial slurs or slander especially if you are not of that race.

If in your small world it is fine to do this type of thing then so be it. Judging by your myoptic responses I'm pretty sure that no one here is going to have any hope of changing your mind . . . so I'm not even going to try. But if you want to post here and ask for peoples opinions (which you say you did), you should at least be open to fact that in other people's eyes YOU may be wrong. Not doing so (being open), which is what I believe is the case with you, is just wasting others time.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-10-2004, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you feel the need to toss "vis-a-vis" into the conversation? Does anyone actually use such terms in regular conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. I don't think it's a big deal and certainly don't think it has much to do with trying to be superior.
Different people speak differently.....background, education, etc.

I don't use terms like "ain't" and "fixin'" that are common in the south. I speak with an upper-midwest "accent" (which I consider to be a "lack" of accent) and am sometimes looked upon as bring overly-intellectual.
It is certainly obvious to anyone that I "ain't" from around here.

I also don't use words like "beee-aaatch" or "wat-up brutha!!" because it isn't my style....nor is it really my generation (I'm 34).
I do still slip into "dude" mode on occasion though.

I'm not sure what any of this means or why it matters though. I'm just pointing out that I have said 'vis-a-vis' before.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think peoples over-sensitive reactions and political correctness are much bigger concerns for society and are in severe need for finding some kind of realistic perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably REALLY easy to think like this when you are a WASP living in a WASP world.

I'm guessing that you may think a little differently if you happened to be an Asian immigrant or ANY immigrant for that matter.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] busguy