Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: punishment for cashing out?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If word got out that their software had a built-in "cashout" mode to manipulate the players, they'd lose all of their customers to other online poker sites. It makes no sense for them to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that there is a cashout curse, or that sites are rigged for some players, a doom switch, if you will. However, if not on forums like this, how could the word ever get out. Several people come here and tell you poker is rigged, cashout curse, blah blah blah. Everyone gets the same answer. Your an idiot, a fucktard, a donk, YSSCKY, etc.... Not surprisingly, they go away. People on this forum are extremely close minded when it comes to these sorts of possibilities. I agree we would all like to see some facts presented with these types of posts. Some data to back of claims of being rigged. But, all theories begin with a hypothesis, usually one based on their own results. The OP said, "it seems there is a cashout curse. I will do research to see if others agree." She comes to the forum and gets flamed away. Certainly research has not been shown that there is indeed a cashout curse. Nor has research been shown to prove that there is not one. Research has not shown that sites deal more second nut hands. But research has not shown that they do not deal more second nut hands.

As stated, I think online sites make a lot of money playing an honest game. However, I believe that the concept of a cashout curse, rigging the game in favor of the bad players, more second nut hands, would make sites even more money. And so, an evil minded company could rig the game to increase profits, at least until a reputable government legalized the operation and exerts some form of regulation. Do you have that much faith in the people that run these operations? Why do people have more faith in the honesty of an online poker room than they do in their own businesses, bosses, president, etc...?

Finally, my main point is this. How will the word get out that a site is dishonest when these people get treated the way they do for reporting their observations?

There was once a time when people were afraid to provide evidence that the world was round because some (perhaps more experienced posters?) thought it absolutely impossible....

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why we YSSCKY these people is because, while they NEVER NEVER NEVER present facts to support their arguments, there have been numerous responses to these poker is rigged threads over the past year or so that have included hard pokertracker data, and facts. Do a search if you don't believe me. So, no we're not close-minded, we're just sick of the same stupid arguments always popping up when they've been soundly refuted and their is not a shred of hard evidence to support them.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My game is pretty tight, I rarely chase and pretty much stick to SSH preflop selections. I really want to make my living playing poker because I love the game and am sick of boring accounting jobs. Any advice would be appreciated.
GL to all.
Lauren [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really love when people say how they rarely chase, and how they normally stick to what SSH says to do preflop. (Usually forgetting about what it says postflop.) Because 99% of the time it says "Hi, 80% of the time I make profitable plays, but 20% of the time I make unprofitable plays because I know I am going to suck out and make a lot of money"
Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 PM

none
Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
radio-waves via the floridation in our drinking water enables the CIA to spy on us if we forget to wear our tin foil hats .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If word got out that their software had a built-in "cashout" mode to manipulate the players, they'd lose all of their customers to other online poker sites. It makes no sense for them to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that there is a cashout curse, or that sites are rigged for some players, a doom switch, if you will. However, if not on forums like this, how could the word ever get out. Several people come here and tell you poker is rigged, cashout curse, blah blah blah. Everyone gets the same answer. Your an idiot, a fucktard, a donk, YSSCKY, etc.... Not surprisingly, they go away. People on this forum are extremely close minded when it comes to these sorts of possibilities. I agree we would all like to see some facts presented with these types of posts. Some data to back of claims of being rigged. But, all theories begin with a hypothesis, usually one based on their own results. The OP said, "it seems there is a cashout curse. I will do research to see if others agree." She comes to the forum and gets flamed away. Certainly research has not been shown that there is indeed a cashout curse. Nor has research been shown to prove that there is not one. Research has not shown that sites deal more second nut hands. But research has not shown that they do not deal more second nut hands.

As stated, I think online sites make a lot of money playing an honest game. However, I believe that the concept of a cashout curse, rigging the game in favor of the bad players, more second nut hands, would make sites even more money. And so, an evil minded company could rig the game to increase profits, at least until a reputable government legalized the operation and exerts some form of regulation. Do you have that much faith in the people that run these operations? Why do people have more faith in the honesty of an online poker room than they do in their own businesses, bosses, president, etc...?

Finally, my main point is this. How will the word get out that a site is dishonest when these people get treated the way they do for reporting their observations?

There was once a time when people were afraid to provide evidence that the world was round because some (perhaps more experienced posters?) thought it absolutely impossible....

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why we YSSCKY these people is because, while they NEVER NEVER NEVER present facts to support their arguments, there have been numerous responses to these poker is rigged threads over the past year or so that have included hard pokertracker data, and facts. Do a search if you don't believe me. So, no we're not close-minded, we're just sick of the same stupid arguments always popping up when they've been soundly refuted and their is not a shred of hard evidence to support them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this, but put yourself in the shoes of a new player. Thinks he's good, loses, believes he's been cheated, goes looking for answers. Finds 2+2, poses a simple question...and is told to kill himself. I guess this response is justifiable in your opinion and that's just great. But tell me, which is more possible...that AK is just a drawing hand, or that online poker could be rigged? I don't see people asking the former told to go kill themselves, or at least to seriously consider it.

And sure, you might hope people would use the search engine, but as most posters would agree, while 2+2 is the foremost authority on gambling books, they are not google.

And finally, while I believe the sites are not rigged (just making sure people still remember that disclaimer), any number of hands that can fit in a single database do NOT prove that it is not rigged. First, I don't think a sample size large enough could be produced, given that poker sites deal millions of hands per day. And second, the fact that aces holds up as much as it should does not mean that they weren't holding up against KK a disproportionate number of times. Or perhaps they held up on a board where one person flopped a flush, another a straight, another top pair with a good kicker, while another had KK, while still another had 72o but was playing while stoned. And maybe the later scenario happens more often than random would suggest and pokertracker won't know the difference. Logic suggests the sites aren't rigged. The experiences of the majority of long time posters suggests the sites aren't rigged. I believe the sites aren't rigged. But only a fool would believe that it is not possible.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:35 PM

Since you rarely chase, it's certainly CASHOUT CURSE.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was still my policy to generally avoid the topic in publuc places because it looks to me to be the same as arguing against people who think that radio-waves via the floridation in our drinking water enables the CIA to spy on us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget about chemtrails.

Or the guy that invented the 300MPG carburetor in 1963 but was murdered by the oil companies.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So anyway, my advice is: Every time you make $50 profit, cash it out. DO IT EVERY TIME. Don't let these bastards screw you around, man. I learnt the hard way.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is great advice. Great exercise, too. Although the other players get really mad when I keep getting up and running to the cage with their chips.