Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Useless Information Thread

When Coca-Cola began to be sold in China, they used characters that would sound like "Coca-Cola" when spoken. Unfortunately, what they turned out to mean was "Bite the wax tadpole".

In the kingdom of Bhutan, all citizens officially become a year older on New Year's Day.

acetwothreefourfivesixseveneightninetenjackqueenki ng: Excluding the joker, if you add up the letters in all the names of the cards in the deck (Ace, two, three, four,...,king). the total number of letters is 52, the same as the number of cards in the deck.

The names of the two stone lions in front of the New York Public Library are Patience and Fortitude. They were named by then-mayor Fiorello LaGuardia.

7.5 million toothpicks can be created from a cord of wood.

On average, there are 333 squares of toilet paper on a roll.

If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

Rain contains vitamin B12.

By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

The average McDonald's Big Mac bun has 198 sesame seeds on it.

The exact geographic center of the United States is near Lebanon, Kansas.

On the new hundred dollar bill the time on the clock tower of Independence Hall is 4:10.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:10 PM

Spam stands for Shoulder Pork and hAM.

Hormel once made an official statement saying that's what it stood for. The "AM" was actually "And haM" though. Hormel's current offical statement is that SPAM stands for "Synthetically Produced Artificial Meat".

GoT
Old 12-18-2004, 08:11 PM

If China imported just 10% of it's rice needs- the price on the world market would increase by 80%.

Zip code 12345 is assigned to General Electric in Schenectady, NY.

The book of Esther in the Bible is the only book which does not mention the name of God.

November 29 is National Sinky Day; a day to eat over one's sink and worship it.

Charlie Brown's father was a barber.

In the film 'Star Trek : First Contact', when Picard shows Lilly she is orbiting Earth, Australia and Papua New Guinea are clearly visible... but New Zealand is missing.

Despite the fact that 77 percent of Americans go to the grocery store with a list, it's estimated that half of everything bought there is bought on impulse. Supermarkets report very strong sales of almost anything they stock at the check-out line.

In 1979, Namco released Pac-Man, the most popular arcade game of all time. Over 300,000 units were sold worldwide. More than 100,000 units are sold in the United States alone. Originally named Puck Man, the game was retitled after executives saw the potential for vandals to scratch out part of the letter P on the game's marquee, which might discourage parents from letting their children play. Pac-Man became the first video game to be popular with both males and females.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spam stands for Shoulder Pork and hAM.

Hormel once made an official statement saying that's what it stood for. The "AM" was actually "And haM" though. Hormel's current offical statement is that SPAM stands for "Synthetically Produced Artificial Meat".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, none of this is correct GoT. I could tell you what SPAM really stands for, but I'd have to kill you through ODing on spam. It's not a pretty way to go.

I wish I still had my old avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2004, 09:38 PM

Einstein, who is a noted pacifist that denounced all forms of violence when living in the US, was also a big fan of violence when it was convenient. Particularly when he was living in Nazi germany. He is also reported to be a very verbally abusive husband.

"But by the time be achieved universal renown, unknown to an admiring world, he had clocked up two failed marriages, at least one affair and had fathered an illegitimate child."

"In his unhappy home life, Einstein joined a long list of other male pacifists who, sadly, were emotionally cruel to their wives: Tolstoy, Bertrand Russell, Gandhi, The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr."

http://www.commondreams.org/views/022100-101.htm
Old 12-18-2004, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I still had my old avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Chad more than Spam.

-2kF
Old 12-18-2004, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this description.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:51 PM

It's also known as Congress of the Cow.

-2kF
Old 12-18-2004, 09:54 PM

I like Chad more than Spam.

My avatar is meant to be the Romanian flag, apparently they have the same one as Chad.

I'm impressed you managed to dig up my old avatar.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:14 PM

Actually, none of this is correct GoT.

What does it offically stand for then? And don't say "SPiced hAM" 'cause that's what everybody says, but it's not what Hormel says. They're official position right now is that it stands for "Synthetically Produced Artificial Meat."

GoT