Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: worst brain fart during a game?

Aw, if you'd never told us that wouldn't have been a brain fart. It would have been a doing by not doing. Now its just a brain fart. Oh well.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:06 PM

Before people think I'm on drugs:

Link to 'not doing' thread
Old 05-04-2005, 05:36 PM

I check called with a straight flush, when there were trips on board.

It was my first time playing on Pacific, and I was playing a 1/2 NL game. I was having some trouble telling the difference between spades and clubs. I was also multi-tabling (had 3 tables going on another site) and 2 or 3 hands happened at once. The final board looked something like:

8s 9s 9d 9h Ts

and I had JQs. He did not have a 9, or this would have been the worst choke of all time. He did have an 8, and he is the kind of moron who would have considered his full house to be a strong hand on that board. His river bet was tiny (he was a LAG fish who would do senseless things like bet $2 into a $100 pot when he was last to act on the river and did not even have a good hand). One of the other players remarked "that was the worst play I have ever seen", and I did not argue.

Another time I was holding 6d7d and thought I flopped a flush (one of the cards was actually a heart). I wound up all-in with my opponent on the flop and the idiot had 3d4d. My 7 held up. I didn't realize until I looked at the hand history that I had only flopped a flush draw.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:34 PM

In a 4 way pot playing live at canterbury I had 55. The flop came 10-9-5. We capped the flop 3 ways. Capped the turn 3 ways. The turn and river came K of hearts 10 of hearts, putting 3 hearts on the board. I bet and was raised. I called, my very aggressive opponett showed the j8 of hearts for a flopped open ender and a flush on the river. He said flush, I said good, and folded my hand.

I had been there for 17 hours and was stuck 3500. Another reason not to play long sessions.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:19 PM

ooo i got a good one... here goes... i was playing 2-4 NL on full tilt at john DagAstino's table (with him) i was looking at the lobby checking my points or something ( i would like to mention my computer is old and slow ) anyways i clicked some stupid popup and it opened up a window that paused my computer for 1-2 minutes. when i got back to the table i was interested at looking at what i folded. so i look at the hand history and sure enough i had AA with a raise preflop flop was A-9-9 then k-x it was over a $150 pot (which i would have made alot more) KK won also in the hand was 9-10 suited and AQ ... now that sucks
Old 05-04-2005, 07:29 PM

i have a lot of brain farts. first one that comes to mind is only like three weeks ago. i've just sat down at a foxwoods 20/40 table and i get 99 in LP and call two cold with maybe two other players. the SB, this guy i have played with before who isn't good cold calls, BB i'm sure calls, and we see a flop of Q9x. i play slow-ish and turn comes Q and i start firing bets in but so does SB and we end up putting in six bets real fast while i'm thinking, "well he could have AQ, KQ, he can't have QQ right?" he ends up calling my 6-bet raise so i feel good. but he bets the rag river. i raise, he says "well i think we're splitting but i will raise one more" and i stare at the board and say "i'm only scared of QQ so i don't know how we're splitting but i will just call" and he says, "no i have Q9" like it was easy. and i actually say, "wow, what a brain fart." i don't know why Q9 didn't appear in my head but i just really liked my hand. it was very embarassing at the time but after much perseverence the hero got his money back and sent the other guy packing.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 PM

Wow, that is pretty wicked.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:59 PM

wrong smiley face
Old 05-04-2005, 11:07 PM

it happened pretty recently, think i was playing in a 2-4. was dealt KQh utg and the flop came something like Ad, 9d, 5d. i looked at my cards again and said to myself 'yup, i got the nuts flush' so i bet and the guy directly to my left raises, everyone else in the hand folds, i reraise and he caps. we continue to get into a raising war through the turn and river (neither of which added any diamonds that could be used for a straight flush or paired the board to make for a potential fullhouse). he, of course, had the actual diamonds (one of which was the K) and walked away with the the approx 25bb pot and i immediately left the table in shame/embarrasment.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:16 PM

I was playing in a 1/2 NL game online when I got dealt a Q3 offsuit. I was playing a couple of tables and they kept switching around before I noticed that I called an all-in preflop bet of about 40BB with my Q3. As I was swearing to myself the flop came up 10 4 5. Turn was a Q. I was hoping. The river hit a Q. Lol, the guy turned over pocket aces and needless to say was less than pleased, and continued to bitch me out.