Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 04:58 PM

Default another vote for Hilger\'s ITH

Another vote for ITH. I want to do SSH too, but I'm not ready for it. If you all do SSH now, I guess I can just read the threads in the archives later. But, I'm really-really ready to participate in an ITH discussion (just starting my 2nd re-read).

Thanks,
Pasta
Old 10-08-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: 2+2 Book Club: SSH?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh man I didnt realize that was your idea, if you wanna take WLLH feel free to [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in that case I will. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Feel free to sit back, work on SSH, and get a good discussion and schedule all prepped up for that one when I'm finished. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In regards to ITH vs. WLLH, I'll post a poll to see which of these books we should cover. I think one newbie book may be enough, at least for now (if there's interest, obviously we could return to one of them in the future).
Old 10-08-2004, 08:43 PM

Wonderful idea. I am in the middle of my 5th reading, I need a new copy now since mine is rather dog-eared.

To whomever reccomended ITH - I think it is the wrong place to reccomend a study group for a competitor's book.I think ITH is fantastic (I liked it for the semi-beginner who is moving up in "status" much more than Mason did), but this is not the place for such a discussion.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 08:58 PM

Interested
Old 10-08-2004, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To whomever reccomended ITH - I think it is the wrong place to reccomend a study group for a competitor's book.I think ITH is fantastic (I liked it for the semi-beginner who is moving up in "status" much more than Mason did), but this is not the place for such a discussion.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? From the 2+2 "Terms and Conditions":

[i]The 2+2 website is an online information service at the domain www.twoplustwo.com, accessed from the Internet and operated by ConJelCo for 2+2. The 2+2 website contains specific information concerning products and services from Two Plus Two Publishing and other third parties. You understand that, except for products or services clearly identified as being supplied by 2+2 or ConJelCo, neither 2+2, ConJelCo, nor any of their affiliates operates or controls any information, products, or services on the 2+2 website in any way.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:08 PM

Interested in ITH discussion as well
Old 10-09-2004, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That rules out all beginners books though. Guess we'll have to wait until spring/summer for a newbie discussion.

I'm not interested in either ITH or WLLH, but I think the people who are interested in a beginners book on Hold'em is much better served by ITH than WLLH.

But I am all for making room in my schedule to thoroughly discuss SSH.