Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Bad/stupid/improbable scenes of other wise good movies

Not that great a movie, but the Born Identity near the end where he grabs the dead body and jumps down the middle of the spiral staircase, shooting the bad guy dead-on between the eyes, before landing like 10-15 floors below, only to be fine.

I mean, admittedly the movie often stretched the boundaries of believeability, but that was way waaaay over the top.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They should have stuck with the original ending to True Romance.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the original?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They should have stuck with the original ending to True Romance.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the original?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tarantino wrote it that Clarence (slater) dies. The alternate ending is on one of the DVD's. The studio didn't want it though. Oh, and when Alabama is leaving the hotel that he was shot in, it is obvious she never loved him and was a "whore" after all.

craig
Old 08-29-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that great a movie, but the Born Identity near the end where he grabs the dead body and jumps down the middle of the spiral staircase, shooting the bad guy dead-on between the eyes, before landing like 10-15 floors below, only to be fine.

I mean, admittedly the movie often stretched the boundaries of believeability, but that was way waaaay over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coupled with the fact that it was stated that tens of millions had been spent on each operative, one has to wonder if he was genetically engineered or something. Bionic?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 AM

Two scenes in Die Hard Two....not sure if this can be considered a good movie...but anways.

1.McClain is talking with his wife on the phone at the airport...he is supposed to be at Dulles Airport in Washington DC...but the pay phone says Pacific Bell which is in the West Coast.

2. He explains how the terrorists got through the metal detectors armed...he said they were carrying Glocks which have no metal parts that are detectable by the sensors...BS!
Old 08-29-2005, 05:54 AM

Jake Taylor beating out a 2-out bunt single...driving in a run from second base...while everyone in the stands is wearing shorts and t-shirts during a playoff game (October, presumably), in Cleveland, at night...

Oh yeah, and 80% of the fans at the game are female...and half of them are over 60.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:05 AM

Jurasic park 3- at the end the marines or something land on the island with tanks and lots of troops with guns, and then they never kill any dinosaurs. For a split second when i saw that part of me thought the movie would redeem itself with some awesome guns blazing man v dino action a la Aliens. Unfortunately it ended.

Actually, that is kind of a movie where there is one scene that could be good but wasn't, and the rest of the movie sucks... soooo it might not technically be what this thread is about... in fact it might be the exact opposite
Old 08-29-2005, 06:13 AM

the frogs in magnolia was a biblical reference. there are biblical references throughout the movie as well.

the intro talks about those uncanny coincidences and i thought the raining frogs scene was supposed to imply that anything truly can happen.

i felt the same way about it when i first saw it as well.

this is the best explanation i could come up with for this scene, and its not very good, but it makes sense with the rest of the themse running throughout the movie.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:13 AM

I just remembered another one from Die Hard 2. Bruce is in the cop station trying to explain to the cop Lorenzo (NYPD Blue dude) that the terrorists were using blanks when fighting the marines. He opens up with a machine gun to prove his point, and about 20 cops just stand around letting him fire for a few seconds. When he stops the cops just holster their guns. Come on, every cop and his mother would be gunning his ass down.

Come to think of it, Die Hard 2 really isn't much of a movie. The original was way way better.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:30 AM

Robin Hood: Men in Tights

When Robin arrives homes from the crusades he finds his castle is on wheels and being towed away. The blind guy is sitting on the toilet and as the castle is pulled away he's left sitting there. I mean how does the wall of the castle go past him?