Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: So I finally watched \"zoolander\"..

"they were like brothers to me - and when I say brothers, I don't mean like ACTUAL brothers - but more the way black people use it. which is more meaningful, I think."
Old 09-04-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and yet another unfunny will ferrell movie. With the exception of his small part in "old school" and a cameo in wedding crashers, has he even been in anything worth watching? I don't get why hes so hyped as being awesome. I never watched him on SNL, cuz SNL isn't funny, so I dont think it could be from there either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he sucked in Wedding Crashers.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:04 PM

What can I say?

Your sense of humour is incorrect
Old 09-04-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ironically, I agree with everything you said. All of the thoughts you've had I used to have. I was even forced into watching zoolander by a friend. Afterwards I was like "dumbest movie ever". Then, for some odd reason, after ending up in a situation where I had to watch it a second time, it became mildly amusing. It creeps on you. Before you know it you will actually laugh at the movie and start to love it. I know it sounds odd but it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY how it was for me. Went from worst to first over 3 or 4 viewings spaced over a year or so.

OCW
Old 09-04-2005, 02:24 PM

Zoolander is pretty average with a few funny bits. Will Ferrell isn't particularly funny in it.

However, he is good in Austin Powers, Wedding Crashers, Ron Burgundy, and on SNL.

His best work is on SNL... you're really missing out by dismissing it out of hand, Alobar.

GET OFF THE DAMN ROOF!

Edited to add: I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:27 PM

His Neil Diamond bits along with the Jeopardy bits are classic gold SNL...which is hard to find since most of SNL blows.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:28 PM

i completely agree about zoolander though i really dont agree about will ferrell. he was great in old school and bewitched. he was weak in a lot of other movies, especially wedding crashers.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:37 PM

dont say nuttin' about will.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think movies like zoolander are (for the most part) based on expectation...

I went into this movie thinking I would hate it, and I think it's f'n genius. I have a feeling I would have liked it less if I went into it thinking it would be amazingly funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt go into it expecting it to be amazingly funny. I hate ben stiller. But because soooo many people talk about how great this movie is I thought id give it a shot. I even watched it with someone who thinks its the best movie ever too. I dont think the fact I thought it could very well blow clouded my judgement either, because I went in with a pretty open mind about it. Not expecting much, but definately giving it a chance. It just wasnt very funny

Maybe if I watched it a second and third time I'd like it more like some people are saying, but I doubt that theory ever gets tested, as I have no desire to attempt to sit through it again.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and yet another unfunny will ferrell movie. With the exception of his small part in "old school" and a cameo in wedding crashers, has he even been in anything worth watching? I don't get why hes so hyped as being awesome. I never watched him on SNL, cuz SNL isn't funny, so I dont think it could be from there either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he sucked in Wedding Crashers.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I dont think he was funny in it, but the movie was funny, so I cant say every movie will ferrell is in sucks.