Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Effect, not cause

I don't recall making this post, but I did make a post that outlined Israeli nobel prizes vs. nobel prizes from the Arab world.

This whole post is a cut and pasted email from my uncle - regardless, feel free to disprove or reword anything you see.

US aid to Israel is far more often tax-breaks, new and used military equipment, than big suitcases full of cash.

This allows Israel to spend government cash on R+D, tax breaks to encourage innovation, and business incentives as opposed to the military.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Israel foreign aid

Why do you think that your points show that Isreal should receive aid?

No. I think the points are the effect of - not the reason for - aid. This is for anyone who says Israeli foreign aid is wasted.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think that your points show that Isreal should receive aid?

[ QUOTE ]
No. I think the points are the effect of - not the reason for - aid. This is for anyone who says Israeli foreign aid is wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To make this point you would also have to show that the accomplishments would not have happened but for the aid (i.e. cell phones wouldn't have been developed but for the aid to Israel) and that the same aid focused elsewhere (i.e. to another similarly situated country) would not generate a similar list of accomplishments.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall making this post, but I did make a post that outlined Israeli nobel prizes vs. nobel prizes from the Arab world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies, it was in fact chabibi who posed this before.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a little different for us, since our fathers and grandfathers weren't doing the stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then I guess if Israel stays there long enough, they shouldn't feel bad about kicking the Palestinians out...?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a little different for us, since our fathers and grandfathers weren't doing the stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then I guess if Israel stays there long enough, they shouldn't feel bad about kicking the Palestinians out...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at that point, and even at this point, it's really beyond giving it back. But to say that we shouldn't have treated the Indians better AFTER we took the land would be ludicrous, for example.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:15 PM

ok, sorry, appears I confused you with chabibi.

So, how about give the references requested? And it also appears that several of the points are flat-out wrong?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:30 PM

Default LethalRose, talking out of his ass

You are really talking right out of your ass on things you have no clue about, LethalRose.

[ QUOTE ]
All of the things on your list are a result of America helping Isreal. Many of them would not of occured otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With what facts do you specifically qualify this statement???

[ QUOTE ]
Why do we help Israel? Its a very simple answer.Religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just your wacko opinion. Care to back it up with any facts? Your nutjob opinion that "America is a Christian nation, therefore we have to help the Jews" bullcrap doesn't fly at all?

[ QUOTE ]
Zionism was originated in America after all

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just an outright lie. You're backing up your wacko opinions with outright lies. The concept of Zionism has existed since even before the Ancient Greek empires. Zionism specifically was coined in Eastern Europe where the first Zionist movements began to appear in the late 19th century.

[ QUOTE ]
And some of them are a little flawed

[/ QUOTE ]

So after you express a nutjob opinion that you base on lies, I really can't be surprised that you don't back this statement up at all. Most likely another lie.

-Matt
Old 09-01-2005, 06:40 AM

Default One grand challenge

[ QUOTE ]
You want to know why the US sends aid to Israel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

If anyone on this forum can demonstrate to me that the unqualified and generous support, politically and financially, of the United States towards Israel, provided for more than five decades, has benefited the geostrategic interests and/or the national security of the United States, then I am willing to pay that fella a sum of no less than $1000 - just for getting educated.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:00 AM

I thought we gave so much aid to Israel because The American Israel Public Affairs Committee is the second largest lobby group in D.C. and has all of the politicians in their back pocket.

"I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it."-Ariel Sharon