Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: What was Phil Ivey thinking?

I just explained to you why it doesn't matter whether i saw any other hands or Phil I's stack size in a very detailed way and all you come back with is that? And tell me i am still making no sense? Let me word it a different way and see if this works. I don't like the play if i knew bellandes tendencies were to fold there usually. I don't like the play if we saw every hand and everything said bellande was weak and uusally will fold there. The play is just not worth the risk vs the reward of winning a small pot otherwise getting called and having to get 95 off to win. I think Phil I can find a better spot than this.

Now hear me out here. According to my need and what i need to make folding my correct play i have all i need to have. Do you see this? If so it shows how my comment on not needing to know phil's stack size make sense doesn't it? I'm not saying you agree with what i need. But for what i need to make my decsion i have all i need and don't need his stack size.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:59 AM

You should read through the WSOP ME threads, these forums are full of Ivey fans, what kind of response did you expect?

I think it was a bad play, I think the blinds werent even 6/12 yet and he had like ~150-200. Pushing 95 into JR (current chipleader who has been hot all night) at this point isn't very smart if you think he will fold.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM

Welcome back jojo. How you been buddy? I see your still sharp with those one line or zero line replies. Why do you insist on wanting to get into it with me. I have forgotten the past. It seems you have been sitting in front of your computer for months waiting for the right time to strike again! You got me good buddy. Score one for jojo. Now you can go on with your life buddy. Lets move on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 10:10 AM

Smoothcall you weren't missed so continue with your hiatus from 2+2 please. By the way don't create new accounts (kleos) to back your arguments, that's just sad.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:16 AM

LOL. Do you really think i would lower myself to your and others tactics of using other poster names? No i wouldn't. I have been smoothcall all along. And only smoothcall. Not vince, Not Tom Mcevoy, not kleos, not any of your dopy assumptions.

I know its hard to believe but some people actually answer truthfully and know what i'm saying makes sense and don't just disagree with me because they dislike me. Maybe you should start listening instead of yapping. You might improve.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Smoothcall you weren't missed so continue with your hiatus from 2+2 please. By the way don't create new accounts (kleos) to back your arguments, that's just sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a really poor attempt at discrediting someone. If you have a problem like this consult an admin/mod/whatever these forums have BEFORE making a public accusation. That is just sad...

I hope you read at a table better than you do on a msg board.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:23 AM

There was a hand earlier that had similar action. Ballande was priced in to call (with 55) after Ivey pushed and Bellande said "you know I have to call... I think you have me beat." Bellande folded that hand. Maybe Ivey was thinking of that hand when he decided to push 95?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome back jojo. How you been buddy? I see your still sharp with those one line or zero line replies. Why do you insist on wanting to get into it with me. I have forgotten the past. It seems you have been sitting in front of your computer for months waiting for the right time to strike again! You got me good buddy. Score one for jojo. Now you can go on with your life buddy. Lets move on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i still read your threads, once in a while, old pal. i usually don't reply, b/c they're just flat out dumb. i enjoy seeing you twist and wriggle, trying to make it look like there's some sense to what you're writing. but when i saw you lie this morning i felt i needed to call you out.

you really have no idea what you're talking about. and you see one hand (or a set of a few hands) completely out of context (and you understand context in poker just fine, i don't feel the need to explain it to you), and make a statement like "ivey made a donkey play."

here's the point where you say you never said that, or that you didn't say that exactly, and especially, "so what, ivey's a god, and i can't question him?" and "i'm just saying i wouldn't make that play under any circumstances." then you call me a troll.

i expect all that. but just understand, that starting this threads, where the point is that you know you'll get flamed and then get to argue with everyone, just further certifies your status:

Old 07-20-2005, 10:24 AM

I am somewhat an Ivey fan also. But when someone drops the ball they drop the ball and i will say so.

I like Phil I because he is a class act doesn't jump around, act like a baby, feel the need to tell everybody how great he is like some of the other famous younger(and phil H of course) tourney players do. According to the BIG GAME players like Barry G. it sounds like Phil is beating that not to mention his tournament sucesses. So i think he is probably an excellent tournament and live game player. I don't know this for sure i have not played with him but that seems to be a good guess. That is why i was surprised by this mistake i believe he made.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:43 AM

Jojo,

Thank you for finally putting together more than one sentence in your insults.

And yeah i think he made a donkey play. I was trying to be nice by saying i nwasn't saying that. But you should have picked up on that. That doesn't mean i think he's a donkey. But lets just say he coulda been shrek's right hand man on this hand.

Now i have a serious question for you. I answered your question on the donkey saying or not saying thing so answer me please. Do you really think i don't have any clue what i'm talking about and that i'm a troll and all this stuff you say? OR Do you just know i know i make many good points but you never give me credit for them because you dislike me so you brush past them and would rather choose to insult and discredit me? Because this is my read.

I'm glad you enjoy reading my posts to see me wriggle and whatever. I mean that even though you may be against me at least i entertain you. So i must be doing some good for you no? Lighten up give me a chance. I always give you a chance even though you always dissapoint me by going back to one line insults. Lets forget the past. Lets find something new to fight about. Just kiddin but you know what i mean.