Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: SSNL F.A.Q. v2.0

I'll take TJ Cloutier's word over yours, friend. Do you think it was a practical joke when he made the title of the book, "The bible to winning Hold'Em tournaments and cash games."

Take it up with him if you're claiming his tourney/cash game book doesn't have a page worth of cash game strategy.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:08 PM

Besides that, we should be promoting 2+2 books because they're as good or better than anything out there (except super/system imho). And this is their forum.

Getting started in Holdem by Miller and TOP by Sklansky are excellent books with plenty of NL content.

Skeme said he wouldn't include them because they are 'general' books on poker, yet he includes something with even less relevance to NL cash games. I don't get.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:46 PM

HoH vol.1 really should be in there. No book has improved my poker instantly like that one has.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skeme said he wouldn't include them because they are 'general' books on poker, yet he includes something with even less relevance to NL cash games. I don't get.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting really old. Include what you want in the FAQ, I'll send you the .txt file if you want to fix it. I'm done with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Skeme do you even own the book?
I'm telling ya, it sucks buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I own the book. As I said, I think the hate it generates is undeserved. I found it helpful.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:47 PM

Would it be worth making a list of good posters so that newbies know who's advice to look for?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 PM

<<Would it be worth making a list of good posters so that newbies know who's advice to look for? >>

As if there wasn't enough dick stroking on this forum already.

-Matt
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 PM

The short-handed auto-rate rules had a couple of formatting problems; mostly spaces where there should have been tabs. Does anyone know the email address of the guy who put them up on his web page -- I could send him a corrected version.

Thanks for the work on the FAQ, Skeme. With respect, you seem a little touchy about some of the comments that I thought were quite constructive. I definitely agree that the "PTBB" thing needs to be addressed, and that the tone could be a tad more friendly, but that's just my taste. Also, I wonder whether it might be a good idea to sharply separate the sections that offer advice on how to be a constructive and well-informed forum user from the sections that offer advice on how to play NL poker.

Overall a nice job, thank you.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting really old. Include what you want in the FAQ, I'll send you the .txt file if you want to fix it. I'm done with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Skeme do you even own the book?
I'm telling ya, it sucks buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I own the book. As I said, I think the hate it generates is undeserved. I found it helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a good idea, you can send it to me and I'll correct/finish it.

On a side note Skeme, you have some serious issues you need to resolve. Calling people worthless human beings, stating that people who do 'suck and such' are idiots just because you don't agree with it is beyond pompous and arrogant.

Obviously something I said struck a cord of truth with you if you feel compelled to PM me saying you hate me and I'm stupid, etc... I sincerely hope you figure these issues out and resolve them, and I do say that in all sincerity. It's sad to watch an otherwise intelligent young man think he is smarter and wiser than everyone else, because you're not. There's a paradox that occurs when you get older, and that is that you begin to realize more and more how much you really DON'T know.

And again in all sincerity, I have no hatred towards you at all; you're the one fuming with hate. I just don't appreciate people being rude or disrespectful to others, and I will call people on it when they function in that manner.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:05 PM

This is exactly why I feel this way towards you.

[ QUOTE ]
It's sad to watch an otherwise intelligent young man think he is smarter and wiser than everyone else, because you're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've REPEATEDLY stated that I do not feel this way. I REPEATEDLY stated that I am not rejecting strategy advice in my threads. I've REPEATEDLY stated that I am not some stubborn kid know-it-all. That's when you REPEATEDLY ignore me. You PMd me, not the other way around. I replied asking you not to message me ever again as I do not like you. Then I wished you luck in life. The request still stands.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a paradox that occurs when you get older, and that is that you begin to realize more and more how much you really DON'T know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will cherish it. One day, you know when I grow up and stop being such an immature little kid, I hope to be a learned scholar such as yourself. Then I can spend the rest of my days being a total hypocrite online.

I will send you a link to the .txt file, please do not message me ever again. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:20 PM

Q: Flame wars look like fun, should I join one?

A: This is NOT recommended. Unless you're a well respected poster who has provided many replies in this forum, you'll just be making a complete ass of yourself and providing good entertainment for the rest of us. Earn your stripes before you call someone an idiot or freak.

Guess that counts me out. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]