Default Re: Peachy-tilt.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Annoying looking avatar
2. Overuse of "mah"
3. Lack of sentence structure
4. Huge ego.

I remember in that one thread where she claimed she NEVER made a mistake before, despite the fact that everyone was trying to explain that she skewed the definition of "mistake." She just wouldn't listen.

I do, however, appreciate her input and make an effort to read her posts, regardless of how annoyed I may get.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do NOT have a huge ego!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And i stand by my reasoning that ive never made a "mistake"

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless there's some story behind this that I don't know about, this kind of utter nonsense is prime Peachy.

[/ QUOTE ]

as ive explained before a mistake to me is something u regret...i dont regret anything...therefore to me ive made no mistakes
Old 09-14-2005, 02:19 AM

This is what's so interesting to me.

Life to you just seems like this smorgasbord of delight. Everything's just something to be sampled. You seem immune to the idea of getting it "right."

I, on the other hand, am haunted by regret and a sense of frustrated competence, and I've led a pretty pedestrian 23 years.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Annoying looking avatar
2. Overuse of "mah"
3. Lack of sentence structure
4. Huge ego.

I remember in that one thread where she claimed she NEVER made a mistake before, despite the fact that everyone was trying to explain that she skewed the definition of "mistake." She just wouldn't listen.

I do, however, appreciate her input and make an effort to read her posts, regardless of how annoyed I may get.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do NOT have a huge ego!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And i stand by my reasoning that ive never made a "mistake"

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless there's some story behind this that I don't know about, this kind of utter nonsense is prime Peachy.

[/ QUOTE ]

as ive explained before a mistake to me is something u regret...i dont regret anything...therefore to me ive made no mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not only furthering my point, but now you're adding straight out lying to the mix.

The lies should at least be reasonably believable ones, not just a pure venting of ego. Your never regretting anything is as dishonest and transparent as your saying you never make mistakes. One doesn't make up for or explain the other.

Lying to yourself is a way to cope, but lying to others is a way to show contempt. Granted, it's only an internet forum, so I guess it could be argued that we all don't really exist. Maybe it's all just a movie anyway.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:37 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I like having Peachy around. She's like the OOT mangy pet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

b
Old 09-14-2005, 02:51 AM

peachy is a girl.
no hot girls belong to poker message boards

thus

i dont care what she says/read it.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what's so interesting to me.

Life to you just seems like this smorgasbord of delight. Everything's just something to be sampled. You seem immune to the idea of getting it "right."

I, on the other hand, am haunted by regret and a sense of frustrated competence, and I've led a pretty pedestrian 23 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not immune to getting it right...i dont stop anything until i get it right - but that doesnt mean i see it as a mistake until i do get it right. Im a very motivated and determined person i just dont regret things
Old 09-14-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as ive explained before a mistake to me is something u regret

[/ QUOTE ]

From Dictionary.com:
Mistake-
1)An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness.
2)A misconception or misunderstanding.

Thus, your thinking that the word "mistake" means "something you regret" is in and of itself a MISTAKE - an error resulting from deficient knowledge...a misconception.

If I say I believe murder is only the killing of dogs, and that to kill humans cannot be murder...I would be objectively wrong, as you are here. That you exist in your own fantasy-land is absurd...thus I am a fan of this thread (though your blithe and seemingly-cherished ignorance is something that's never caused me any anger, personally).
Old 09-14-2005, 03:04 AM

Cliffs?

I read OOT from time to time, what exactly is everyones issue with peachy?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're not only furthering my point, but now you're adding straight out lying to the mix.

The lies should at least be reasonably believable ones, not just a pure venting of ego. Your never regretting anything is as dishonest and transparent as your saying you never make mistakes. One doesn't make up for or explain the other.

Lying to yourself is a way to cope, but lying to others is a way to show contempt. Granted, it's only an internet forum, so I guess it could be argued that we all don't really exist. Maybe it's all just a movie anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry if my way of handling life is too far above your mental grasp to function at...but that doesnt mean i am lying to myself...ask anyone that knows me and they will tell u i am 100% that way

i dont regret a thing
Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just dont regret things

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, which is why for you to say you have no "regrets" would be accurate (though still probably not true if you were really being honest about your inner-most feelings and not trying to rile people up on the internet)...but saying you've never made a "mistake" is still as inane as ever.