Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Why can\'t people make a good Long Island?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Using your logic, a Hurricane or Anti-Freeze down in NO during Mardi Gras (God Bless them) is a girly drink. Show me a girl that can drink 2 of those and I will show you a girl that is passed out on the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok well don't start going into all of these specialty Mardi Gras drinks on me. the general situation we're talking about (or at least what I'm assuming everybody is thinking) is that you're out at a bar with a bunch of friends and you order your drinks.

how can you deny that a straw in your drink there is not gay? like Jake said, you might as well opt for the Bacardi Limon or, if you're feeling adventurous, the stoli and cranberry juice

[/ QUOTE ]
What if you take out the straw?
Old 09-10-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I get a rum and coke, I get a straw.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol those thin little things that come with the drinks, despite serving the same function as a straw of tiny diameter, are actually drink stirrers.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok fine, take out the straw and enjoy. I guess this isn't even worth debating any more.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:53 AM

Many bars will give you a straw with your whiskey on the rocks, but of course it's not for drinking.

FWIW, LI = chicks' drink, deserved or not
Old 09-10-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Using your logic, a Hurricane or Anti-Freeze down in NO during Mardi Gras (God Bless them) is a girly drink. Show me a girl that can drink 2 of those and I will show you a girl that is passed out on the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok well don't start going into all of these specialty Mardi Gras drinks on me. the general situation we're talking about (or at least what I'm assuming everybody is thinking) is that you're out at a bar with a bunch of friends and you order your drinks.

how can you deny that a straw in your drink there is not gay? like Jake said, you might as well opt for the Bacardi Limon or, if you're feeling adventurous, the stoli and cranberry juice

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, at that point you aren't a real man because it doesn't taste like pure gasoline.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THE LONG ISLAND

Ingredients:
1 part Vodka
1 part Tequila
1 part Rum
1 part Gin
1 part Triple sec
1 1/2 part Sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola

my favorite drink

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't personally think that a Long Island is really a chick drink. A properly made Long Island has somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 oz of alcohol (depending on glass size... I usually make mine with about .75 oz - half shots - of each of the four liquors and a little less triple sec), and should have an alcohol to mixer ratio of about 2 or 3 to 1 (minimum). This is not really "chick-like" in my opinion.

On the other hand, a Long Island is a bad drink.

As with most things in the food or drink realm, the best things thrive on good ingredients and on simplicity. The Long Island has a lot of alcohol, and it is kind of interesting how the flavors seem to cancel out a bit, but it relies on some heavy masking agents (sour mix, coke), and ends up tasting pretty blah even when at its best.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, at that point you aren't a real man because it doesn't taste like pure gasoline.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh heh.
So the question here is what constitutes a chick drink? Seems if it tastes good, it's a chick drink.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems if it tastes good, it's a chick drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently so. I suppose that makes all the good beers I enjoy chick drinks too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently so. I suppose that makes all the good beers I enjoy chick drinks too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I don't get it. I've always felt chick drink = fruity drink.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends too. If they're domestic and easily available nationwide, chances are very good you're a dumbass too.

We should really do a thread about that. Something like "What's your favorite beer?" should do quite nicely.