Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: NCAA BB Game of the Century - Louisville +2 vs. Kentucky

This might be up for the most inaccurate post of all time award.

There's not much I can say about the Rupp Arena argument except that if you rewrote and posted the exact opposite, it would be true. By any account of players or coaches, Kentucky is the between the #2 and #4 toughest away courts in the country.

Did you even watch the games you're talking about? UNC is a very legitimate team (Ill. game, anyone?), despite their youth. If you don't believe me, believe Vegas. Check the lines on their games. UK never really struggled with Lipscomb, despite the score. They beat a tough West VA team. I will concede the drumming of IU, though it was largely a product of an anomaly 2-27 on 3 pt. Kentucky was only down 15 in the final minutes, IU ran up the score in the final 1:30, and if UK had played a poor, as opposed to atrocrious, game from beyond the arc it would have been close. UK's lost to Kansas last year was by all measures a close one, I'm mystified that you couldn't agree with that.

Kentucky effectively walloped UL today. Might your faulty prediction have to do with the inaccuracy of anything you posted above?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be up for the most inaccurate post of all time award.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still believe it to be completely accurate.

It's really easy to log on here and rip my pick after the game. Try it before the game next time.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you even watch the games you're talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched 90% of Kentucky's games over the past 15 years, although I missed the UNC game. All I said about UNC was that they are young, which is a factually correct statement. Do you dispute that?

[ QUOTE ]
Kentucky effectively walloped UL today. Might your faulty prediction have to do with the inaccuracy of anything you posted above?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in the sense that UK did hold a rare practice in Rupp Arena Friday, which I found out after the start of the game. For that omission, I apologize. Other than that, all the information I provided was accurate, and each who followed made his own decision in doing so, and I still believe it was a correct decision.

One of two things is true about this game:

1) U of L's best player was a non-factor due to foul trouble, and they had an off-shooting night, rendering the result a fluke, or

2) Kentucky is suddenly a lot, lot, LOT better team than they were the last two weeks, when they lost to a super-young UNC team at home and got drubbed by Indiana, who only days earlier had lost to Indiana State.

Which do you think is true? Personally, I think 1) is.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:31 PM

wow a few retarded comments in this thread. fwiw i tailed bills217 on this pick for the simple fact he has posted good info on this forum in the past and also made a good argument in the post. i dont care if someone calls something the game of the century as those words don't affect my decision to bet at all.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:46 AM

I should stop getting roped in by such titles as "Game of the Century."

Whoops.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:25 AM

This forum is horrible and you along with others are why it is so awful. Anyone who uses terms like "game of the century", "lock of the week" is an idiot.

I'll be looking for your 350 STAR PLAY OF THE MILLENNIUM. You can't lose 2 in a row can you?
Old 12-18-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you browsing it? Do you like wasting your time?

If you had the bankroll to bet $1,000 a game, and done nothing besides track mrbaseball's baseball picks (esp. playoffs), MyTurn2Raise's CFB picks, and Null's NCAA BB picks, you would not have had to work or play poker this year. (I could have included any # of posters' picks here, those were just right off the top of my head.)

[ QUOTE ]
you along with others are why it is so awful. Anyone who uses terms like "game of the century", "lock of the week" is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Merry Christmas! (Do trolls celebrate Christmas?)
Old 12-18-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be looking for your 350 STAR PLAY OF THE MILLENNIUM. You can't lose 2 in a row can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

My top NFL play for tomorrow will be officially be titled "350 STAR PLAY OF THE MILLENIUM."

Happy Holidays,

bills217
Old 12-18-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Little-known fact: in the Tubby Smith era, Kentucky plays worse at home in Rupp Arena than on the road or at neutral sites. This is not an anomaly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
But the difference is, he's incompetent. (You casual NCAABB fans need to know this. Do not listen to the bobbleheads. Tubby Smith is an awful coach and a worse recruiter. He couldn't recruit OOT posters to go to the Playboy Mansion.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing you got right.

[ QUOTE ]
Our best player, point guard Rajon Rondo, is a non-threat to score unless it's a layup or dunk. He can be ignored completely from 12 feet and out.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO is all I need to say.

[ QUOTE ]
1) U of L's best player was a non-factor due to foul trouble, and they had an off-shooting night, rendering the result a fluke, or

[/ QUOTE ]

You have got to be kidding me? Padgett their best player? BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Have you ever seen this team play?

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't know very many teams that can counteract 9/37 shooting through 25 minutes, although some of the credit obviously goes to Kentucky for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some? They dominated them. It wasn't like the cards were just missing open shots.

I see you are a UK fan, that surprises me. I wrote this post thinking you were either a Cards fan or maybe IU. You must not have seen Louisville at all this year. They are garbage. I went to the Chicago St game on Tuesday and if it wasn't for Chicago St having the worst coaching ever, the game would have been at least close. It was close until about 10 minutes left.

I am a UK fan and of course I was worried, but I knew that we could beat them. After watching today I don't think there is any chance the Cards win 60%-70% of the time especially in Rupp. The Cards are horrible and I think they are gonna get smacked around in the Big East. UK is pretty bad (at least by UK standards) but I think they are a better team than Louisville.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Little-known fact: in the Tubby Smith era, Kentucky plays worse at home in Rupp Arena than on the road or at neutral sites. This is not an anomaly.

[/ QUOTE ] You are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the 2002-03 season:

Apparently the impossibly tough Rupp Arena conditions didn't bother Nike Elite in '02. They walked in and beat the Cats 84-75, and it wasn't like we had a crap team. UK went 32-4, 16-0 SEC that year. Of the four non-exhibition games we lost that year, one was at home (Mich. St.), two were at neutral sites (UVA in Hawaii and Marquette in Elite 8), and one was at Louisville, where the fans are split and it might as well be a neutral site. Undefeated on the road outside the state of Kentucky.

2003-04 - Two losses at home (against Louisville and an awful Georgia team), two on the road, one at a neutral site.

2004-05 - Three losses on the road (by one point to Florida, at South Carolina, and at eventual champ UNC), two at neutral sites, and one at home, to the only quality non-conference team we played at home, Kansas, without their best player, Wayne Simien.

Does that seem to indicate homecourt dominance to you?

And who could forget 2000? Ah, the Ten-Loss Tubby days...lost to Penn State (in basketball) at home, 73-68, then promptly went to the Dean Dome the next week and beat UNC by 17. Go figure.

Does any of that seem to indicate that the recent Kentucky teams have played better at home, especially when you consider that the schedule on the road and at neutral sites is MUCH tougher? (The likes of Nike Elite, Penn State, and the Vermont School for the Blind, Deaf, and Dumb usually come at home.)

Not only is it true, but it actually makes some sense when you think about it, which I addressed in my OP.

If nothing else, folks, please take this much from this thread: when Kentucky plays at home, the line is likely inflated somewhat. The opposite may very well be true when they play on the road. Act accordingly, but do so, of course, at your own peril.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and one was at Louisville, where the fans are split and it might as well be a neutral site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheatem Hall a neutral site? Not even close really. The fans are not split evenly at all.

All this info but you didn't really talk about very many home losses. Post the total home and away records and I think it hurts your arguement. All teams lose a couple home games buddy.