Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Shame on the Eagles

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't blame the Eagles. Blame the NFL. MLB would never allow this.

[/ QUOTE ]blame the NFL for what? Not forcing a team to play certain players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if they are healthy they should play in games that have playoff implications.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:20 PM

Yes, if they are healthy they should play in games that have playoff implications.

why? so they can lose key players when thier ultimate goal is in sight? the eagles earned the right to do what they did last night. plain and simple.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:24 PM

did the game have playoff implications for the Eagles? I realize it was a huge game for STL, but really, thats just another reason to dislike that douche bag team. Basically Philly said "you guys are so sorry of a team, we'll gift you a win." Its okay though, they'll lose next week to the NYJ.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not Philadelphia's fault the Rams, Saints, or Panthers are scratching for a playoff spot. They have nobody to blame but themselves for not having a better record and not thriving on a win or loss by a specific team that week. Philadelphia played great and earned the right to do what they want which helps them. All the teams in the NFC should be embaressed that Philadelphia even has thsi option with TWO weeks left in the season.

Hell maybe they even want the Rams to make the playoffs and feel they matchup better againist them then lets say Carolina. Maybe they want a worse record than Pittsburgh to get the 29th pick instead of the 30th. Who cares. They can do whatever the hell they they please. They put themselves in this position to do what they want. If that involves softplaying or even throwing games that is their choice.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell maybe they even want the Rams to make the playoffs and feel they matchup better againist them then lets say Carolina..... If that involves softplaying or even throwing games that is their choice.

[/ QUOTE ] they are huge douches if they did this.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This season, the St. Louis Cardinals benched significant parts of their starting lineup for prolonged periods in September. In fact, they basically handed the Astros the last wildcard spot by starting so many minor leaguers/bench players, allowing the Astros to win something like 5 of 6 vs them late in September. The Astros went on to win the wildcard by one game.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:31 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But one game in football means a lot more than 5 or 6 in baseball.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This season, the St. Louis Cardinals benched significant parts of their starting lineup for prolonged periods in September. In fact, they basically handed the Astros the last wildcard spot by starting so many minor leaguers/bench players, allowing the Astros to win something like 5 of 6 vs them late in September. The Astros went on to win the wildcard by one game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you've all convinced me of my naivete on this topic. But maybe what StL did backfired and they lost their edge. They sure looked flat in the playoffs.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:50 PM

Besides resting their good players, the game last night was good preparation for the B-players in case they need to come in during the POs.

I live in Philly (not an Eagle's fan though) and work in STL. Yesterday, when I flew from PHL to STL, I was the only person on the plane not going to the game. The rest of the busines regulars must have had off this week.

Some people on the plane were talking about the game and how the starters would get benched. I said, "I hope the game is still good for ya." These guys spent real money on tickets and a flight to go see the Eagles get spanked. I feel bad for them. Still the Eagles gotta do what the Eagles gotta do.

- Jason
Old 12-28-2004, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These guys spent real money on tickets and a flight to go see the Eagles get spanked.

[/ QUOTE ] dude, if it had been a "real game" STL would have gotten spanked. They wasted their money regardless.