Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Does he have a pocket pair often enough here?

would you mind looking at the ranges I put in my post above and telling me if you think they need any adjustments? I don't think the people who are saying this is an "easy" call down are taking into account the fact that he's calling with a ton of kings becasue of BB discount and he might not raise a pocket pair there. He would always raise a king.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, but if hes asking a question like this I honestly do not believe he belongs in this game(unless he has AWESOME table selection). This seems like such a standard abc hand. Would you not agree? If I were the poster and I was a loser, I would want the 2+2 community to tell me. I can't do anything here but be blunt. Sorry if I look like a prick, but yes I was advocating call and I'm pretty sure the guy under me was too.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, we know he came off like a dick, and he deserves to be called on it, but can we move past that and get back to the hand?

By the way LM, this really depends (dealing with a larger pot)...I usually need to be playing the table to know what Im doing here (that way Im familiar with Villian and also have other stats I use). Sometimes I fold, sometimes I take Jokers line. IMO it is close.

To Drontier, I dont believe this is ABC, it is something that requires a read for either or. Its a little more simple against an unknown.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 AM

I might have come off the wrong way, since I just quoted.

I think a folds bad here against this type of opponent.

In terms of EV, its not terrible, because our equity edge probably isn't huge if it exists.

The pot is, however, quite large. Folding this is a 3SB pot is easier. Folding it to an agro tag in a relativly large pot is different. I'd seriously consider folding later streets though.

Drontiers advice is very extreme though, this is a relativly simple problem compared to most poker situations. Folding here is weak, because so many hands raise that we beat. Its not terrible though, because a lot of these hands have outs against us anyway.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:38 AM

Running poker stove TT vs the range 22-99 K5s-KQs and K9o-KQo, our hand has 43.956 equity.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:40 AM

I think your range is generally sound. I would probably make K4s the cutoff for this kind of player.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, but if hes asking a question like this I honestly do not believe he belongs in this game(unless he has AWESOME table selection). This seems like such a standard abc hand. Would you not agree? If I were the poster and I was a loser, I would want the 2+2 community to tell me. I can't do anything here but be blunt. Sorry if I look like a prick, but yes I was advocating call and I'm pretty sure the guy under me was too.

[/ QUOTE ]
see if you actually took the time to read, instead of just hammering me I think you'd realize my responses were in good nature and I did apologize. But hey whatever. Everyone has blindsight right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Plus he is not unknown to me, that is why I was so shocked to see this question. And with the information he has given us, I do believe this is a relatively simple question. And others believe it too. Anyone else without this guys name would get bashed for asking this. We run into standard scenarios like this all the time and our mind already has a way to play against it. But if all of you want to suddenly pretend that this is beyond hard of a problem(just cuz he posted it) then fine. Btw I am done with this thread, I am tired of arguing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best approach is the one you're taking: just stop posting in this thread. (1) I did take the time to read; (2) your first two responses were not in good nature; (3) you apologized only after you were called out; (4) your apology was not for being rude, it was a "sorry, but" apology attemtping to explain why an apology was actually unnecessary but you were man enough to give a fake one anyway; (5) your use of smilies in your original response and this one pretty clearly indicates how sincere your "apologies" are; (6) this is not a simple question - you're talking about calling down with little chance to improve and you haven't proferred a hand range or an analysis of why calling down is good (or do you not call down?); (7) no one would get bashed for asking this question; (8) this isn't a "standard situation" that calls for a "way to play it" - if you think it is then I think you're wrong; (9) it's not a "beyoind hard" problem though it is tircky, because the flop decision is not clearcut and the flop decision is the first of several he will have to make if he calls the flop C/R. Your responses in this thread thus far aren't great.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:45 AM

so does anyone like my line of calling the flop raise, check calling the turn, and donking the river?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 AM

yes, that is my line as well.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:55 AM

I first looked at it and thought it was an easy calldown. I haven't stoved anything since I'm busy at the moment, but I was kinda running under the impression that you would be up against more hands then just Kx and PP (some Axs as an example).

Brad

Edited to say that I don't play either 6-max or LHE.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:58 AM

i did so at first too, even though I thought this was pretty rare and noone else brought it up so I left it out. And also I pokerstoved for you. I even put in the one combo of 2-2. :P Doesn't this now look better than calling down with a flush draw? lol.