Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

This is why I really hate the BCS.

I am a ND fan. I know it's like being a Yankee fan. And I hate Yankee fans, so I try not to be one. So I am pretty conflicted by this. Does ND deserve to be in a BCS game? The answer, "It doesn't matter."

I've always had a problem with the no playoff in college football. I had hoped that some constant bitching by writers and fans would get something done. Then I heard an interview with the Big East Chairman. He explained why there would never be a tournament. Simply 2/3 of the schools in a conference would have to vote to move from bowls to a tournament. None of them would. Because every time a team makes a bowl game the whole conference splits the money. So a teams like Baylor, Duke and Vandy get a part of $14.5 millon every year. They don't want a playoff they would never see a dime. Yes, I know the better educated college football fan knows this.

Here is the way I look at it. If a team like Oregon or Auburn is pissed that ND will get a BCS bid before them the first place they have to look is straight in the mirror. If the BCS was created to make the most money then you can't spin around and say that the best team deserves to get in to a BCS game.

Notre Dame makes the most money for the Bowl they are in. Every year they qualify they should get a BCS bid. No matter if the only people they played were Navy, Airforce, Army and BYU.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing to know your checking my spelling

[/ QUOTE ]

"You're."

See, I'm helping too.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM

I just can't wait for this game to happen. I don't know how well ND will do, but I doubt they would get blown out like these people are saying.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't wait for this game to happen. I don't know how well ND will do, but I doubt they would get blown out like these people are saying.

[/ QUOTE ]they could easily win as well. Seems to me the USC game could have gone either way, sort of like the tOSU/UT game.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone think tOSU or Penn State would crush ND? Notre Dame was a reggie bush push away from beating the #1 team in the nation. So for what possible reason can you think that a 5th or 6th ranked team would destroy them? I am thinking it has to be anti-ND bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

Penn State and OSU were both able to beat MSU... easily. I don't think either team is a 2 TD favorite over ND. A 5-7 point range is appropriate.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone think tOSU or Penn State would crush ND? Notre Dame was a reggie bush push away from beating the #1 team in the nation. So for what possible reason can you think that a 5th or 6th ranked team would destroy them? I am thinking it has to be anti-ND bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

see my post about 20 posts back.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Penn State and OSU were both able to beat MSU... easily. I don't think either team is a 2 TD favorite over ND. A 5-7 point range is appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]
The MSU team that beat ND in OT was a completely different team than the one who played the second half against OSU or played Penn State. MSU turned from Jekyle to Hyde on that blocked field goal and went from a very good team. To a very average team. Not the first time it has happened to the Spartans.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notre Dame was a reggie bush push away from beating the #1 team in the nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

there wasn't anybody to tackle him, he backs in with or without Bush's help
Old 11-30-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU was losing with five minutes to go, and got a gift on special teams at the end of the half which led to a 10 point swing and a complete turn of momentum. I fail to see how this can in any way, shape, or form be described as an easy win. Penn State, on the other hand, got out to a quick 17-0 lead and led the whole way, so at least you got one right.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU was losing with five minutes to go, and got a gift on special teams at the end of the half which led to a 10 point swing and a complete turn of momentum. I fail to see how this can in any way, shape, or form be described as an easy win. Penn State, on the other hand, got out to a quick 17-0 lead and led the whole way, so at least you got one right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exhibit B: Stanford. Do I need to say more?