Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 09:37 AM

Default My memory could be failing...

I could be wrong... but I could almost swear back before the site took off, and I actually played there occassionally, this is what they did. I vaguely recall joking with a friend of mine that unlike Paradise, my bluff frequency on the river had to be recalculated to consider the bluff tax Party imposed.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: I want to correct a general misconception here....

[ QUOTE ]
Were you intentionally trying to make it even more nonsensical?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to stay on topic.. nonsensical seemed to be the OP's topic.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: My memory could be failing...

"I could be wrong... "

I believe you are thinking of TruePoker, not Party.

MS Sunshine
Old 06-28-2004, 11:32 AM

try organizing the tables by pot size and it will become even clearer how much higher partys pot sizes are. Also if you arnt playing at a table just because its currently full, I think I see your problem. You need to practice some table selection. they have waiting lists for a reason
Old 06-28-2004, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Over the weekend I have played about 30 hours between Empire Poker, PokerStars, and Ultimate Bet. I played some 1/2 & 2/4 LHE, and .5/1 NL HE at each site. I also played a couple $10-$30 SNG's.

Everyone seems to think that the Party skins are just loaded with fish and the other sites are much tougher games.

At the limits I mentioned, I don't think that statement could be further from the truth, and I doubt that many of the people making those statements have played on all these sites recently.

The rake at Party is the highest of all the sites at those levels. At UB you can pretty much play rake free with thier almost unlimitited amount of bonus dollar offers. The tourney structure at Stars offers the best opportunity to turn a good profit for any solid tournament player.

I really don't understand why it seems to be a consensus here that the easist and best games are at Party, thats just not the reality of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is obvious: small sample size.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:49 AM

How come in your entire defensive argument you ignored the lobby numbers in my post. Those were concrete facts that support my opinon. You support your position by saying you haven't even played poker in a year! WTF?.

Why does every think the UB bonus's are so hard to clear? Like I stated earlier, I clear about $40 in just under 4 hours yesterday at .5/1 NL and 1/2 LH. And not only am I clearing the dollars at about $8 hour, I am earning the UB points for even more equity. UB gives points for raked hands and for time at the tables each month.

For example, lets say I played 4 hours yesterday and I play 4 hours today, and earned 750 points. I would clear $75 in bonus and I would have enough points to enter a satellite for an Aruba Tournament Entry Chip.

Ok, so not that I sound like a complete effing shill, I am not. I just seem to be the only one here to realize that other sites are offering a lot better incentives to play then the Party sites. Then again, maybe Im not the only one, and thats why the sites have become much much softer then you seem to recall.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:54 AM

What problem? I don't have a problem at any site. It should also be amazingly clear to you that Party calculates uncalled bets in thier pot size. Also the good tables come and go very quicky at Party. At UB or stars, when theres a super fish playing, they tend to stay at the same table the whole time because there arent as many options.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:36 PM

Syntax,

Can you clear up this for me?

According to you:
- Party has worse graphics and itnerface
- Party not any fishier than UB
- Party doesn't reward their "loyal" players
- Party has the highest rake
- Party tourney structure sucks

<font color="red"> If Party is so bad, why do you continue to play there? </font>

You have a choice to play at whatever site you want to. Yet you continue to play at Party (Empire).

[ QUOTE ]
Over the weekend I have played about 30 hours between Empire Poker, PokerStars, and Ultimate Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Syntax, I believe you are trying to convince 2+2'ers to leave Party so you can enjoy softer games. Why else would you play at a site you apparently hate?

If you really hate Party, play at the sites you like.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What problem? I don't have a problem at any site. It should also be amazingly clear to you that Party calculates uncalled bets in thier pot size. Also the good tables come and go very quicky at Party. At UB or stars, when theres a super fish playing, they tend to stay at the same table the whole time because there arent as many options.

[/ QUOTE ]

what problem? you're complaining that party sucks, that seems like you have a problem to me. And arguing that the fish cant leave a table at UB or stars cuz there is no where else to go, really just adds to my point that party is better. more options = better. Yes we know party adds the last uncalled bet to the pot size, even without it party would still have a much higher pot avg.

I don't clear bonuses on UB because it takes forever. Many hands end up not being raked because the tables are so tight, there arnt many tables to choose from so if you want to clear your bonuses you end up having to play at a crappy table, and in my experience no way do would I clear $8/hr in bonuses.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Syntax, I believe you are trying to convince 2+2'ers to leave Party so you can enjoy softer games. Why else would you play at a site you apparently hate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, I generally try not to make deliberate fun of people on this board, but this is probably the stupidest thing I've read all day. Yeah, I think a bunch of 2+2 players are going to soften up the games. Did you even think that out before saying it?