Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: NHL Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
I think Canucks fans are more delusional than Leafs fans. You keep telling me you have the same team, blah blah blah. I have news for you. Cloutier wasn't good enough two years ago, and he didn't get better.

If you think there will be any significant deals made at the trade deadline, you're smoking too much of that BC weed. If you want to know what the NHL trade deadline's going to be like, take a look at the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, you wanna diss the Canucks fine. You wanna diss how we won't make it pass the 2nd round fine. You wanna diss how much bigger Sundin's dick is than Naslund's fine.

But don't diss our weed man.

Let's take this outside bitch, your ass is mine.

Lawrence
Old 08-15-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ken Klee at 1.9 is a bargain. Malakhov signed for 3.6, Tverdovsky for 2.5, and Malik for 2.5

[/ QUOTE ]

So because you can find two players that are not as good as KK that are being paid more (he cant hold Tverdovsky's jock) hes not way overpaid? Nice logic. Klee is hardly your biggest problem anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the redline, it will make it even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always love it when someone thinks they are smarter than everyone in hockey. The players and owners formed a commitee to figure out ways to open up the game. They both quickly agreed that getting rid of the red line will open up the nuetral zone. So I guess they are all wrong and your right. Just cause some bonehead told you that it would make it worse doesnt mean it will. All of the evidence I have seen tells me its going to work. I'm not saying its the only answer, but it certainly will be a step in the right direction.

Tuco.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Canucks fans are more delusional than Leafs fans. You keep telling me you have the same team, blah blah blah. I have news for you. Cloutier wasn't good enough two years ago, and he didn't get better.

If you think there will be any significant deals made at the trade deadline, you're smoking too much of that BC weed. If you want to know what the NHL trade deadline's going to be like, take a look at the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, you wanna diss the Canucks fine. You wanna diss how we won't make it pass the 2nd round fine. You wanna diss how much bigger Sundin's dick is than Naslund's fine.

But don't diss our weed man.

Let's take this outside bitch, your ass is mine.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstood... I meant "you've been smoking too much of that good BC weed. That [censored] will [censored] you up.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Early NHL predictions this year...

Who will go to the Stanley Cup finals? who will win it all?

I will make one early but safe prediction the worst team in the league will be...

The Capitals [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHHA... Please...

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

"Please"??
Old 08-15-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cloutier got injured in the first round two years ago. The backup with im guessing less than 20 NHL games took the flames you think will do so well to 7 in OT.

rJ
Old 08-15-2005, 03:55 PM

With all the changes taking place it's really hard to make predictions. The Flyers are much improved. I am a Bruins fan and I actually like a lot of the moves they have made, and if Raycroft can continue his good work in net, and we can play a little better on D than we look on paper, we could actually win a few rounds this year.

I just can't wait for it to get going again.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:44 PM

He can't hold Tverdovsky's jock? What year are you from, 2000? Tverdovsky was terrible in Anaheim in 2002 and even worse in New Jersey in 2003, and hasn't done much in Russia either.

It's nice to be able to have opinions, isn't it? But when you bring in "I think someone thinks they're smarter than everyone in hockey", you are guilty of this when you claim that Ken Klee is overpaid at 1.9. McGillis is making 2.2, Sean O'Donnell who is far worse is making 1.7, Jaroslav Modry who is far worse is making 1.8. Roman Hamrlik is making 3.1 (worse than Klee defensively, better offensively - slightly). Rhett Warrener is making 2.3 (slightly better than Klee). Do I have to go on? Most people in hockey will tell you that Klee at 1.9 is a fair price, if not a bargain. He made Gonchar look good for years in Washington, he's great at playing alongside an offensive defenseman and will give 20-25 solid, unspectacular minutes a night.

As for me thinking I'm smarter than everyone in hockey, I don't. If they so quickly agreed this would be better, why haven't they done it before? Why have lots of the general managers' changes in the past few years have had at best no effect and at worst been detrimental? I don't think they thought this through very well is all - the neutral zone trap is NOT gone, and MORE play will be going in the neutral zone if teams think it is. I can assure you that there is no coach in the NHL right now who is not trying to figure out a way to stop other teams from making what would have been 2 line passes before this rule change. Defense wins in the NHL, no amount of rule changes is going to stop that from being a fact. Coaches want to win, and they're going to want to prevent those passes, and those with well-disciplined squads will do it. Transitional offense could suffer. I see more teams being able to dump and chase as a result of the rule change - the trap may not be able to prevent offenses from working the puck up the sides anymore - but I think more dump and chase is the opposite of what the NHL intended.

I think the NHL should have made all the changes they did, but put the red line removal on hold and try it out in the AHL first.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Damn, it's good to be talking hockey again! First off, im just having fun, don't take it personal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to be able to have opinions, isn't it? But when you bring in "I think someone thinks they're smarter than everyone in hockey", you are guilty of this when you claim that Ken Klee is overpaid at 1.9

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a big difference between me disagreeing with you that KK is overpaid, and you disagreeing with the players, coaches and GM's about the rule changes. I didn't say that taking out the red line will solve all of the game's problems, just that your assesment that it will make it worse was way off.

[ QUOTE ]
If they so quickly agreed this would be better, why haven't they done it before? Why have lots of the general managers' changes in the past few years have had at best no effect and at worst been detrimental?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the players have never been invlolved like they were this time. This makes me believe that we are moving in the right direction. Also, I watched alot of junior hockey and the lack of a red line opened the game up alot. Doesn't mean it will work as well in the NHL obviously, but it certainly wont make it worse.

Tuco.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:09 PM

This was just my point. This thread is for predictions. I am "predicting" they are not going to be as bad as everyone thinks or assumes. I know they stink, dont get me wrong. It's because they are that bad, that I really can only see being pleasantly surprised by them. If they suck they will be nothing different than the last 7 years.

I do disagree about their rookies. I think a couple of these guys will be studs. Tyutin played great in the NHL, and Balej needs some motivation which I think he'll find this year starting over the league and all. Ortmeyer, Murray, Moore, and Lundmark: I think logically one of them just has to be good. I know that arguement and sentence sounds stupid, but 4 guys even if considered "role players" give the team some character and chemistry they desperately needed since 94. Ortmeyer busts his ass, and I am a big fan of him on the PK. The team really has nowhere to go but up from here, so why not this year. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I predict my leafs will find a way to do well and then break my heart in the playoffs, that Canadian teams will once again be a force to be reckoned with under the new salary structure, that I wont miss "movie night in Canada", that I will continue to hate Philly, that goalies will be getting busted for equipment violations, that refs wont enforce the obstruction well enough to make a difference, that the disappearing red line will make for some exciting plays, that I will have to play fantasy hockey just to figure out who plays where, and that I will never have to say "man I miss hockey!" ever again.

Game on!