Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: WSOP final table hand

On a flop of K62r, what hands is Tex capable of betting? It seems to me on such an open drawless board that, in position, Tex would be betting a lot more hands than Kx.

With that said, and the amount of money in the pot, I really want to get all my chips in the pot here, probably via a flop c/r allin
Old 08-21-2005, 02:28 PM

My first instinct is to push preflop especially since you are entering the blinds next hand. I don't like playing QQ OOP and I'm happy to pick up the blinds and antes with this hand given stack size.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:40 PM

Check raise!!! You got nothing to loose but double up.If he has a king (which I doubt) God bless him.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:43 PM

This hand was just the Holdem/Foldem on the WSOP final table episode if anyone was interested.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand was just the Holdem/Foldem on the WSOP final table episode if anyone was interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed it, what happened?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 PM

Barch had AJ
Old 11-15-2005, 09:54 PM

i can't imagine folding this hand after commiting that much of my stack. I agree w/ Tyler too, the 350k in the pot is plenty, those antes are HUGE. you can't look at your situation as "16x BB" when the ante is like 1/7th the BB.

I'm getting all my money in preflop, but sincec you just raised to 400k, maybe check-pushing is the wya to go. Cause if you push, you're probaably only called by a K, but you can (as seen by Hold'em of Fold'em get him to bet w/ hands you beat if you check)
Old 11-15-2005, 10:14 PM

That's cruel, having suffered not knowing for a few months, you've now got to suffer knowing.

Congratulations nevertheless on the great cash.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 PM

Had no idea you were a 2+2er, congrats on the amazing showing, I hope you're back to stay.

I think Shaniac said it best, once you got QQ with that stack you have to know all the chips are going to end up in the middle, even on a K or A high flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 PM

I probably push preflop here.

You have enough chips to last for 6 orbits, which is equivalent to ~9xBB in terms of how long you can wait for another good hand.

Once you see that flop, I think check-raising is best, folding is an option but weak, and open pushing is terrible – you get no money from hands you’re ahead of and lose when you’re behind. You need to let Ax and mid pairs take a stab at it and might even be more likely to get weak K’s to fold.

Out of curiousity, what was the standard open raise to? Since there is $340 in the pot, your $400 bet is sort of like a typical Party tourney with blinds at 1k-2k and openraising for 3k or something so it seems very low, but then I don’t really play tourneys with antes much.

-g