Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Pic of Greg & Matusow After Play Ended

There's a huge difference between losing your cool every now and then and taunting an opponent mercilessly after hitting your draw. There's a huge difference between saying "C'mon bust this guy!" and "Bust this motherfucker!"

I'm no prince, but I have never acted like that at a poker table. Ever.

If someone posted here that they had acted like that in a poker room, he'd be flamed so badly he'd probably never want to post here again. Yet, people rush to the defense of these guys just because...what? They're on TV?

I'm sure some of you have met the guy and I'm sure he was nice to you. Big deal. I think our true character, or lack of it, comes out when we're under pressure. Some people can handle it with class and some can't. Arieh is obviously an example of the latter.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Arieh is a punk-ass bitch. If he ever talked to me like that he'd get his teeth scattered throughout the poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you'd be the mature one about it.
The way Demitriou handled it was perfect. Obviously he was steaming, but he was calm and made Arieh look even worse.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Gimme a break. Do you think Arieh was only playing AA-QQ, AK-AQ? Josh plays extremely aggressively and pushes a lot of draws. Demtetriou called him on it, Josh got lucky, and he still acted like a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. But he doesn't lead the other hands he was playing into that board into two opponents, especially when one of them is Demetriou.

Say he had a small pp. Do *you* lead 99 into 2 opponents on an AKQ board? What about A7, where he's way ahead/way behind?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Nope.. I think he snapped because Harry popped that "bubble" on top of his shoulders when Josh got outplayed.

Then he bitched and moaned about being outplayed, then ridiculed Harry after sucking out.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did Arieh say to Williams after he was eliminated last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bust this motherfucker." I'm not sure if Raymer heard it at the time or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg saw it on the TV broadcast and according to old threads I believe Greg indicated that he didn't take what Josh said personally and considers him a decent guy with ESPN assigning him the roll of the bad guy.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

No way Rick! You mean this whole 12-year-old's drama actually played itself out over a year ago??

You'd think it happened yesterday...

NEWFLASH KIDS: The events mentioned actually happened between adults and have been settled and closed long ago.

I doubt Greg will be waiting in the parking lot to beat-up Mike or Josh.

Please go back to class now.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike clamp down on his chatter as things move along and the pressure builds, unless he builds a much bigger lead early on. Can you imagine blowing your lead here?

I also feel that Mike may be prone to tilt, so if one big, bad suckout happens he might implode.

But that is a guess.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:09 PM

I have no hate in me for Mike, and I consider him to be a very talented poker player. I do believe that many of his comments are WAY too negative and often come across as mean-spirited, whether he means them that way or not. Of course, if you're saying mean things, I think that is a bad thing, whether it is a cold and calculated tactic to put somebody on tilt and get their chips, or if you're saying it because you really mean it.

And Mike can be very funny as well, as long as he's not going too far. One funny thing he said during the conversation in the picture, was that if he and I get heads-up we should hold ESPN for ransom. Tell them to give us 10M each or we won't play it out.

That could probably almost work. It would have to be a wet dream for the ESPN execs if it were to happen.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 07-14-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One funny thing he said during the conversation in the picture, was that if he and I get heads-up we should hold ESPN for ransom. Tell them to give us 10M each or we won't play it out.

That could probably almost work. It would have to be a wet dream for the ESPN execs if it were to happen.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful. They could make it part of the plot for Tilt: Season 2.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Phil will atleast laugh at himself and self-deficate himself when he's not in the heat of battle.

Paul Phillips is Lord Poker 24/7, On or Off the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. Thanks for making me snort coffee out my nose.

Whenever Phil says something self-deprecating, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't mean it. No question he has the biggest ego in poker.

Sekrah, a link you might find enlightening:
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...cate&meta=
Old 07-14-2005, 12:29 PM

I think his comment to you during last year's ME was totally out of line, assuming I heard it right of course. And it says quite a bit about your character that you are able to put that behind you and allow yourself to be friendly with him. I can't honestly say I was a huge fan after watching last year's final table, but everything you've done since then has pretty much won me over (along with your play in this year's event [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] )

fwiw, I agree with your assessment on Matusow. Decent guy, big mouth that gets him in trouble sometimes. Every poker room has at least one.