Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: 5-10 NL: Deep stacks

calling a 4th raise or putting in the 5th raise would pretty much indicate case cards for KK or QQ

basically what i said about 21 hands being icky this deep if you WONT slow down with two pair

the posts advocating pushes are scaring me, dont you guys ever lose with monster hands? good grief
Old 06-29-2005, 08:40 AM

Lol, I really don't see folding here outright. Call and reevaluate on the turn, maybe lead a brick and fold to a huge raise. Smile when a king comes off and you stack qq.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:06 AM

Most likely hands you are facing 1)aa 2) aj flush draw 3)ak 4) kq 5) 88 6)qq 7) kk

imo.

reraise all in.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM

like if you get reraised preflop holding KK you should go all in because other hands are more likely than AA?

NO! THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:53 PM

Playing tight weak is not going to get you anywhere. Maybe its just that I got played back at a good amount more than most. So usually my top two will be more than good.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:55 PM

you obviously have read alot of my posts

im a friggin nit, youre exactly right

i suck at life AND poker
Old 06-29-2005, 09:10 PM

Given the inside straight draw you hit and the raise UTG with 76 the raiser probably thinks you're full of **** here, and you're ahead of his range of hands here in my opinion. I'd reraise the size of the pot and push any turn if he calls. Very hard to get away from top two given the image you've created so far. AK/AA are just so much more likely than KK/QQ.

Tough spot though. I think it is close but that's a HARD laydown.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:58 PM

if you reraise all in and he calls OR if you reraise not all in and he puts you all in youre probably...

TOAST

(notice im not saying you dont have the best hand, just commenting on the 4th and 5th raises, this is pretty basic stuff imho)
Old 06-29-2005, 11:04 PM

Ugh...a push here has a ton of negative expectation, since you can't knock him off a hand that beats you, and there's no chance of him calling that big a push with anything you can beat...check-call the flop would have been the much better play, but now that he's three bet it, toss your top two...yeah, there's some chance he's taking it down with ace king with the ace of clubs, but he saw you play pretty wide open the prior round, so he's got no real reason to think he can get you to lay down top two with such a small raise...he's packing heat here most of the time, fold.

Oh, and I totally agreed with the guy who said "obvious pre-flop call with the money this deep"...at 250x the bb, calling this size pre-flop raise in a three way pot starts feeling like an ante to me...and if you can't play the wider range of hands that the depth of stacks suggests you play here, and get away from a big loser like top two when you need to do it post-flop, then you've got to play at a table with shorter stacks in play...

IMO, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 05:16 PM

Default RESULTS?

so...after 38 replies...what actually happened?