Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 AM

Default my letter to party (long), and their initial response

earlier this moring i was rediculously bored at work, so i decided to write a letter to party about the bonuses this month. I tried to be courtious and helpful, while saying I would not be playing there. I'll post my letter, and there initial response, if there is a followup from their "management team" i'll post it.

Date: 2005-10-06 08:30
To: bonus@partypoker.com; info@partypoker.com; marketing@partypoker.com
Subject: General Comments[#3749508]

Party Poker Promotions Department,

I recently received an offer from Party Poker for the following:

From Wednesday, October 5 through Monday, October 31, 2005, you can earn 4525 Regular Party Points and receive 380 dollars in cash!

I do appreciate this offer, however I will not be making use of it. As Party Poker was one of the first poker sites I played on, and I enjoyed it very much, I thought I'd take a few minutes to point out why I will not be playing on Party Poker for this offer. This is not to be critical, but to hopefully show how you can improve to bring my play back to Party Poker.

First of all, I am currently a no limit holdem player. According to the party points website, I earn 4 points for every 20 raked hands. This means I would need to play 22,625 hands for $380. Currently there are published reload bonuses for a Party Poker Skin for $500 for 10,000 hands. Half the hands, more money.

Secondly, there are other money back per hand plans worth roughly 2-3 cents a hand (assuming playing at the NL25 game, this would be more at higher stakes). $380 for 22625 hands works out to 1-2 cents a hand. While this may not seem like much, over the course of 22,000+ hands this is $200+ dollars difference.

With two offers worth more money and lower hand requirements, while still able to play on the Party Poker network, there is not much motivation to bring my play to Party Poker.

As far as solutions to these issues go, I would propose a few. The first would be to raise the bonus amount. The second would be to lower the hand requirements. Another change would be to change the point structure for no limit, instead of all no limit games being 4 points for 20 hands, make a no limit point structure similar to the limit point structure, with more points being awarded per 20 hands as the limits increase.

My last solution is to make party points more valuable in of themselves. Currently party points can be traded in for clothing, or freerolls. As the freerolls are for relatively low dollar amounts with thousands of players, these have negligible value. Now, if I compare the party point system to other poker sites, I can find the following:
Pokershare.com, points can be traded in for a world poker tour tournament entry
UltimateBet.com, points can be traded in for $10,000.00
Hollywoodpoker.com, points can be traded in for entries into 10+1 and 20+2 multitable tournaments, not just freerolls.

These are just to name a few. If Party Poker started having some nice high end prizes, it would increase play a great deal.

Those are some of my suggestions on how party poker can win back players it has lost such as myself. While I am only a low stakes player, and do not generate anywhere near the rake of some other players, these are sentiments I have seen expressed by players from .5/1 up to 100/200.

Just my thoughts,
Nick

their response:

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed playing at our site. We value you as a player and also see that you have been a very good player on our site.

We have forwarded your comments to our Management Team who will decide on the best course of action. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to continue to provide the ultimate online gaming experience to all our players.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Ajay P
Poker Customer Care