Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Finding rhythm in the madness (a theory)

Irie, I'd be very, very curious to see what you'd have to say about $55 and up SnGs. I have had a very poor run at the SnGs, and would like advice at all levels (my ROI is dipping under 30% as we speak). Your post did help me put some stats in perspective, thanks. Now, help me with the higher limit SnGs!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:05 PM

kamelion, for what it's worth, I'd argue there's absolutely nothing wrong with a 30% ROI. In fact, I'd argue it's very very good.

I think you can get the wrong idea from browsing through the forums. It's just too easy for people to come on and post numbers, or to post them from non-representative or insignificant samples.

Consider this: if the people who measured such things just took peoples' word for it, the average man would have a 12" dick.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:20 AM

I just moved up to the $55's, so I'm in the middle of compiling enough trials to have anything of value to say on the topic.

I'm just over 100 now... I will post my results when I have 300-500 along with any thoughts I have on the major differences between the 33's and 55's.

Irieguy
Old 09-02-2004, 06:31 PM

Linus, you mean you DON'T have a 12" dick??? But yeah I know what you're saying...I looked over my results and actually my ITM results are really nice, right on par with what everyone always says and on some of the limits it's actually higher, but my ROI is really low on some of the limits (like $33s it's only like 15%), despite the ITM being on par. Maybe I'm just not closing the deal like I need to. Also, Irie, I'll be waiting anxiously for your results.