Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Suggestions

[ QUOTE ]
I think T Shirts, hats, etc. would be a good idea to spread the word. Send them out to all the participants or sell them via some online media. Sites could also take advantage of this and get their logo on the shirts for their individual event.

I think it's a no brainer from a marketing stand point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, and this is actually something we're getting the ball rolling on. I really like your idea of unique apparell for each event.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you, and this is actually something we're getting the ball rolling on. I really like your idea of unique apparell for each event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to piggy back on this thought, limited apparell for participating in each event would be neat as well. Always nice to have something nobody else can get, and it adds an awe factor.

-Ryan
Old 01-11-2005, 11:16 AM

For all us who also like "exotic" games, too, how about making these things more like a series or tournies each month culminating in the big one. Like the week before the 1k buy in have a nightly 200-500 buy in even. At all of the big B&M events I have heard of, they have a bunch of smaller tournies leading up to them. I know that there are logistic reasons that make that more appealing at land based tournies, but this could give the feel of a major event and placate those of us who would also like to play in some other types of tournies.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like the week before the 1k buy in have a nightly 200-500 buy in even. At all of the big B&M events I have heard of, they have a bunch of smaller tournies leading up to them. I know that there are logistic reasons that make that more appealing at land based tournies, but this could give the feel of a major event and placate those of us who would also like to play in some other types of tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]

If/when we expand games next year, this is one format we'll consider.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Apologies if this has been addressed previously, but I would suggest being careful about having tournements at any other Party Poker skin besides Party itself.

Empire has prohibited me from opening an account due to the fact that I have an active Party account and are insisting that I close my Party account to open up at Empire and I just don't want to go to the trouble.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire has prohibited me from opening an account due to the fact that I have an active Party account and are insisting that I close my Party account to open up at Empire and I just don't want to go to the trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true only if you wish to use the same name for the account on both sites.
Try adding something to the end of the name on Empire.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is true only if you wish to use the same name for the account on both sites.
Try adding something to the end of the name on Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually blocked me due to my street address and Neteller account being the same as my Party account.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:29 PM

That's weird because I did manage to open both though I never got round to using my Empire account.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 AM

Final table hand histories/replays with all the hole cards.

I think someone suggested this before.

WSOP fans already expect final table holecams, it's what made poker huge (and would make ISOP huge).

Off topic, I'd kill to see high stakes games with all the hole cards... lucky poker site admins [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 04:32 AM

I haven't seen this posted else where , Will the tournaments have antes built into the structure ?