Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much would a beginner pay?
$20 73 40.78%
$25 31 17.32%
$30 20 11.17%
$35 3 1.68%
$40 52 29.05%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 92s in the BB, what\'s your move?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell voted for call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is long and far away the worst option. I'd kill myself before I call. Probably stick a fork in my eye before I raise.

EDIT: To those who voted for raising, you need work. Lots of it. To those who voted call, please die.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come you hate raising here?

Or put it in another way, why are you certain that it is -EV?

/Torben

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless my read on everyone else is they never call 2 bets, and SB bets any flop if it's unraised, then I'm never raising.

Reverse implied odds are so massive here.

A-T sucks, any clubs suck, and 7,6,5 are also reasonably scary cards, and you need to dodge these cards, twice. There's 5 players, very likely the hands you fear are out on this table. You could be dominated by a 9 by SB already (it is unlikely he would bet midpair into this field unless he is LAGish). It's so easy to outdraw your hand, you're going to be paying off so much in the long run it is not worth playing.

If the flop was rainbow, it's still a fold. Once again, I doubt SB is leading mid pair into this field. Basically he's either semi-bluffing his OESD or he's got a 9 (or 2pair, and you're massively screwed). Unless I have a rad, easy fold in both cases.

This is a basic reverse implied odds that every 2+2er should know that most party players won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Furthermore i just read p.34 in SSH again, where this examples is used. Itīs properbly implicit in your post, but for other viewers sake the argument that you properbly are the one paying the other one off on the turn and river if the hand is being continued to later streets should be added.

/Torben
Old 06-27-2005, 07:55 PM

Hehe, just understood the reverse implied odds properbly now. Unless im really stupid, the 2+2 forum combined with the proper poker litterature should be enough to kill these tables.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:05 PM

Looks like 32% of you guys need to reread SSH...

I didn't even know that this example came from SSH until just now. HEPFAP talks about similar situations where you should fold top pair in a small pot due to your position and borad texture. This is a good wake up call for the forum as a whole IMO since these situations comes along often enough.

Brad
Old 06-27-2005, 08:12 PM

I had a hand just like this the other day. I folded it without a second thought. When going over hands later i realized that i used to raise here alot. I think raising feels right to alot at first. You have top pair and a chance to knock people out-win the hand. But then when you start taking into acount things like pot size and number of opponents and reverse implied odds you think easy fold.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:55 PM

This hand is more interesting but I'd probably still fold.